Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scorpion56 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2004, 12:54 PM
    Low carb diet
    Hi! I've been preparing to go on a low carb diet;but most of the recipes I find that need a flour are calling for all kinds of nut flours eg;almond etc. I'm ALLERGIC to NUTS! Is there any alternative?Got to get off the refined white flour. Thanks Robin
    sunnydaize Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2004, 09:34 AM
    Re: Low carb diet
    I have done the low carb thing about 4 times now, I just avoided flour all together and ate a lot of plain meat,no casseroles... granted it's a little boring but it works... good luck :)
    thouvie Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2004, 02:55 PM
    Optimum nutrition has a product that is protein baking powder. They sell it at gnc. 19.99 for 2lbs pricey but good
    sammyh1961 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2004, 04:04 PM
    You don't need to go on a low carb diet just eat low carb foods. Wheat is better than white in flour also. The product in my website helps curb your cravings for sugar and carbs you should check it out. I went from 220 in feb down to 160 in sept just from using this product for other problems which are listed in my site . Wasn't even trying to loose weight. Gave up years ago on all their diets as I can never stick to them. This is no preparation and no planning and no special buying foods. You eat pretty much what you normally do. I liked this product so much I set up my own web site to help other people lose their weight. I think everyone should be given that chance.
    http://groups.msn.com/THEFIBROMYALGIAEXPERIENCE
    RWeyer Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2006, 02:48 PM
    I too have been dieting on this low-carb plan and it sucks! It is soooo boring. :eek: But you know what? It works. :D Today is my 8th day and I've lost 7 lbs. Just stay away from the flours and the breaded meets (fried chicken) altogether. Just season your meat with a few simple spices (lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, salt, & pepper) and eat it. It really isn't that bad if you are determined to lose weight. Good luck and I'm rooting for you 100%. I surely KNOW what it's like to want to lose weight and can't. Hang in there!
    Robin
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

May 1, 2006, 12:01 PM
    I agree with most of what was said.

I stopped eating sugar and white/potato bread and that makes a huge difference. The plain meats aren't that bad. Good seasoning and mixed vege's with a steak, or grilled chicked. Good stuff. Honestly people bread is good, but it really has a lack of flavor. Trust me, stop eating sugar and any bread, I do a bacon and egg on rye sandwich most mornings, but only after about a month of dieting. I had just starved myself until then (Bad Idea according to the net). Anyway, its not hard to avoid carbs. Just don't have them available, no soda, no chips, nothing like that. Once they are not around its much easier to snack on other stuff. Oh and remember, just because you hated vege's and fruits as a kid doesn't mean they taste bad, people just reward children incorrectly, it is my belief that food IS NOT A REWARD. Money is, we are capitalist (Atleast here in the states), so reward as such, and stop with the McD's birthday parties, its disgusting that people reward kids with heart disease.
    YJKARIES Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2006, 04:14 AM
    I lost 45 lbs on Atkins and now am on the South Beach Way of Eating or WOE. I avoided all flours completely instead opting for veggies, leaner meats, dairy. Now on SB I just avoid sugar, white flour, white starches and am losing still (20 lbs to go).
    newton10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Ingredients:
    1. 1½ pounds red stalks of rhubarb
    2. 1½ quarts ripe strawberries
    3. ½ teaspoon butter or margarine
    4. 6 cups sugar
    5. 6 ounces liquid pectin

Method

1. Wash and cut rhubarb into 1-inch pieces and blend or grind.
    2. Wash, stem and crush strawberries, one layer at a time, in a saucepan.
    3. Place both fruits in a jelly bag or double layer of cheesecloth and gently squeeze out juice.
    4. Measure 3 cups of juice into a large saucepan.
    5. Add butter and sugar, thoroughly mixing into juice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
    6. Immediately stir in pectin.
    7. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
    8. Remove from heat, quickly skim off foam and fill hot, sterile jars, leaving inch head space.
    9. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
    10. Process for 5 minutes in boiling water bath.

For more Low Carb recipes you can visit
    http://www.recipecraze.com/considerations/low-carb/
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 08:04 AM

The basic low carb diet does not include bread or cake or anything else using ordinary or low carb flour. Learn to eat meals that do not include bread and bread substitute.

I'm a huge fan of low carb diets, and I have never made anything using a low carb or nut flour.

Instead of bread or bread substitutes, eat more salads and green vegetables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No fuel in carb bowl [ 3 Answers ]

I recently obtained a briggs and stratton 20hp riding mower that won't run. Free of course. The original owner said it quit running one day while cutting the yard. I took the carb apart and cleaned it. It was reinstalled and an attempt was made to crank it. When it did not crank, I squirted gas in...

19hp briggs new carb and stalls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all new to the fourum I have a question I hope you all can help. I have a murray lawn tractor with a 19 hp briggs. I put a new carb on it and the tractor runs but stalls under a load like it is running out of fuel. When I inspected the carb the bowl was full of gas and clean. The mechanic I took...

Carb tuning a 12hp Briggs (non-OHV) [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new member who recently purchased a used Montgomery Wards riding mower (serial no.TMC 36937A/K219H). The mower had recently been painted- over red (poorly), so the ser. no. could be slightly off. I am experiencing difficulties in properly tuning the carb (i.e. the governor is kicking in @...

Snowblower Carb Problem? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have a small Murray Ultra 5 HP, 22" snowblower. I have been a bad boy and have not taken care of it very well, no fuel stabilizer over summer, etc. The problem now, after about 3 years, is that when start, engine does not run smoothly, and will die under load. Also, looks like is firing at...

Nikki carb adjustments [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to adjust a Nikki carb on a kohler command ohv engine? I can't find any screws for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The engine will only run at full choke. I have ajusted the govenor.

View more questions Search