Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stovey42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 07:23 AM
    Gift deed Texas
    Do you have to have an attorney to file a gift deed in Texas? Where can I get one? Does it have to go through a Title Company or just take it to the County Courthouse and file it?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Do you have to have an attorney to file a gift deed in Texas? no.

Where can I get one? Use the previous deed in the chain of title as a model, or get one online.

Does it have to go through a Title Company or just take it to the County Courthouse and file it? File it.
    kimmysu12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 04:48 AM
    Where can I get a copy of a gift deed to file?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmysu12 View Post
    where can I get a copy of a gift deed to file?
    What part of my previous post did you not understand? If you have your deed, copy it, except
    • where it says "kimmysu12", grantee, write the name of the person to whom you are giving the property; and
    • where it says ________, grantor, write your name.

If you don't have your deed, go to the courthouse and ask for a copy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed Of GIft [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if you could help me. I have seen a house valued at 132k, however cannot afford the house as have no deposit. The seller is willing to accept 110k. I have been told by my bank that I could put in an offer of 110k. So my purchase price would be 110k my offer of loan would be 110k...

How would I complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when property is a gift [ 1 Answers ]

How would complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when the property is a gift to a loved one?

Deed of Gift [ 1 Answers ]

Can a deed of gift be void if Donee dies after Donor gives to him

Gift Deed [ 2 Answers ]

A friend gifted me a property in California while it was in foreclosure, I made up back payments and now he said it was a "deed in lieu of foreclosure " He said he is going to rescind the contract. There is no contract and am I out of $65,000.00?

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

View more questions Search