Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmaskell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Goodman furnace
    The furnace comes on and the furnace ignites. It then burns for a few seconds and goes off without the fan coming on. I have changed the flame sensor. Didn't help. Also the fan will come on by itself without the furnace coming on. Help!!
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Check the heat anticipator in the thermostat, set it to .45 and try that, Mike

Oct 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
    What is a heat anticipator in the thermostat?

Oct 14, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Never mind. I figured it out. It was already set on .45. Still baffled. I checked all the limit switches, The trouble light doesn't flash.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:01 PM
    It sounds like the furnace is not recognizing the flame. If the flame sensor or that wire is touching the chassis anywhere it won't work. If the wire to the flame sensor is open somewhere or not securely in the molex connectors it won't work and lastly the PC board could be bad.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Oooooo. And 1 more thing all though it is rare, the flame can't lift off the burner, I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

How old is my Goodman furnace and how efficient is it? Model GUEQ80-4REVS Serial #910482720

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I would like more info about Goodman furnaces. I just had a man look at my old furnace and give me a bid of $1,450.00 to take out the old one and install a Goodman 80% and bring the old piping up to code. Thanks... jorjee

Goodman Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a six year old Goodman Furnace that will not kick on or even begin the start up cycle. Last year I replaced the ignitor and checked it out today and looks fine. Any obvious place I should start to determine the issue? Thanks Jim

Goodman furnace [ 17 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace. Forced air. No a/c. I turn the power on and she starts. Thermostat is off. No wires are crossed that are visible. The pilot does not ignite but the heating element is on. No gas seems to be coming through. Any suggestions? The furnace is only a year and a half old.

View more questions Search