Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brody1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Travel Restrictions for Felons
    I am off Federal probation in a couple of months for a white collar crime (conspiracy to defraud IRS).
    I served my halfway house time and all restitution and fines have been paid.
    I now live in Florida.
    I would like to travel on a cruise or fly to Canada or Europe with my wife.
    I still have my valid passport.
    What are the restrictions, if any? :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Hello brody:

Canada may not let you in. I don't know about Europe. I don't think you'd have any trouble going south.

If Canada is where you want to go, you can apply for a "pardon" to travel there. No, it's not the kind of pardon you think it is, but that's what the Canadians call it, ayyy.

Our Canadian travel expert, Lowtax, will be along shortly. Or I'll bet you can find out about the "pardon" from the Canadian Consulate website.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International travel for convicted felons [ 41 Answers ]

My friend is a convicted felon. I know he can't travel to canada until five years past the date of his crime or the end of his sentence (whichever is later)... But what about other countries? In particular europe? France, uk, etc. Will be denied entry? At the border? He already has a...

Probation travel restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

What , if any is the process to obtain travel permits while on probation, specifically unsupervised probation.

Convicted Felons and travel [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon travel to the Caribbean? If so, is a passport required or will a certified birth certificate do?

Beam Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2" x 12" beams that make up the upstairs of my condo and was wondering what the furthest distance apart the load bearing walls that support the beams can be.

View more questions Search