Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NWcatlady57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Getting a medication tested at a lab or somewhere
    Does anyone know whether a private citizen can get their medication tested somewhere to ensure it is what it's supposed to be? I called a local Pharmacist and was surprised that they knew of no place.

I have a prescription for a sedative/anti-anxiety. For the last 2 refills they have not been working for me. I was thinking maybe I had simply developed a tolerance. But then I came across some pills I had stuck in a little pill box in my purse (for when I was out in public and had an anxiety attack). I took those instead of my current prescription (the same dose level) and they worked just like they used to. These are the same prescription. So of course I am wondering whether the most current pills I got are what they are supposed to be.

I'm reluctant to ask these question initially to the provider because (and I know this sounds paranoid) but I think they are giving me a placebo. Thank you for any suggestions anyone might have.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 01:16 PM
    I would talk to the doctor that prescribed it and tell him exactly what you said above, he might have asked the pharmacist to give you a placebo just to see if you really do need the pills.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Or... derr, post with the pill shape, color and markings and I can look it up for you (assuming it looks any different from the pill you used to take)

Why did it take me almost an hour to remember I can do this?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Could it be that your pharmacy switched to a generic form of your prescription? That happened to my youngest son with his thyroid medication and the generic looked the same but did not work as well.

The best place to take your questions is to your doctor and tell him everything you stated here. Good luck to you.
    tumicheal2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 03:56 AM
    Try contacting lab examiner to make sure ts real, I tok amoxicilln 500 mg pink and blue pill with A 45 written on it it cause me to have face paralysis and numbness like belspalsy I was informed to take 3 times a day for 20 days but on that second week my face became numb it affected my elasticity it has caused me to look older all the sudden I'm only 26 I'm looking for a attorney because this was a generic brand which caused me injure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Medication getting in the way? [ 8 Answers ]

I've been taking some anxiety medication and its been really hard for me to reach my peak in bed. Its getting very frustrating to my boyfriend & myself. Usually I enjoy sex more than my boyfriend, and am practically begging for it.. but lately I think I'm just having sex out of habit, I find my...

My faith is being aggressively tested. [ 11 Answers ]

Over the past 4 or 5 years, I have grown closer and closer to my God. Recently, I needed His help. When I had no other thing or person to turn to, I held on to my faith that He will not abandon me in my time of need. Even as disappointments threatened my hope, I held onto Him even more. As friends...

I need to get an inmate tested [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if I would be able to get a paternity test done while the alleged father is in prison and if so what do I need to do

Scared to get tested [ 12 Answers ]

I just got out of a 2 year relationship like 4 months ago. I only had, had sex with my ex who I loved very much. I'm 19 by the way. We had sex when I was 17 and he was almost 5 yrs older than me and we had it continuously through the 2 years we were together. We were always safe and cautious. With...

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering , according to Michigan law, can an intern prescribe meds?

View more questions Search