Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chantelle1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Door bell makes awful noise
    How can you tell if your door bell is done working? And if so are they hard to replace? I am a single woman?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
    We need more to go on. Much of how hard to change depends on what it is inside of it if anything. Likely it has a couple of small screws holding it in place and a couple of wires, usually only 24 volts. It is possible just opening it up and squirting it with some spray lube will return it to the normal sound. I prefer a silicone to whatever WD-40 is. Of course, describing sounds is tough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water line makes Knocking noise [ 3 Answers ]

Every time one of our toilets if flushed, the water line makes a knocking noise.  It never use to do that until we replaced the flapper and flushing valve.  Does anyone know what this might be?  It's very loud! ::)

Door bell wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what the circuit of a door bell (front lighted button) no back door bell, how it is wired with four wires. Two solid blue and two blue/white. Four each on the transformer ane four on the bell transdusher. Two on the button, front door. How does this work?

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

Furnace makes poping noise [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace makes a popping noise when it shuts off. I tried changing the filter but it still makes the noise. Why is it doing this and how much will it cost to have it fixed?

Door bell ringer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing just the ringer part of the doorbell (the type of doorbell with a transformer). Should I shut off the electricity when doing this, or since they are low-voltage wires is it OK to install it with the electricity on? Or is this a stupid question ;) The way the electricians wired our...

View more questions Search