Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danniboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Fish Tank Care
    We have five tropical mollies in a ten gallon fish tank. There is some strange white, almost translucent debris that has settled over the gravel at the bottom of the tank. What is that?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 01:33 PM
    I don't know but have seen some really gross fish tanks lately. Doesn't anyone know how to use an aerator for fish tanks. It is much healthier.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Do you have snails? It could be their eggs.
    It could be a growth of bacteria and algae.

Do you have any water tests to test the water with?
    How long has the tank been set up?
    What does your routine maintenance consist of?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Maybe it would help to change 1/4 water and add some stress coat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

High PH in fish tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 gal freshwater aquarium. I can't seem to keep my fish alive, other than 2 white clouds. My PH level is very high. I have used PH- drops for a month now and it is still high. I asked my aquarium shop and they told me to take the sea shells out of it, that they will raise the PH. They...

Cloudy fish tank [ 22 Answers ]

Hello , I recently got a new hobby... a 30 gallon aquarium.I have had it about 2 months. Initially I put in 6 gold fish,3 red cap orandas and 3 gold fish. I then went and bought ranchu(fat one) and bought 2 plecos(algea eaters) and 3 apple snails. All are fine, except that 2 of the snails died...

Cloudy fish tank [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just bought my fish tank 2 days ago I feed them very little in the morn. And very little at night... I use bottled water that they gave me at the store with the fish... yesterday morning the tank was cloudy I can't even see half of the fish only when they come to the front... what seemd to...

Crisis in my fish tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name Janet and I am having a crisis in my fish tank. I have a 29 gallon fish tank with 2 angels, 3 tiger barbs, 1 swordtail, 1 bosemani rainbow, 1 kribensis, 2 tetras and 3 frogs. I had 2 bala sharks that got sick after maybe 2 days in my tank with ich, so I treated them with prevent ich,...

Cloudy Fish Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 50 gallon tank. Wasn't cloudy until I discovered one of the little sharks dead, caught in the filter thingy I removed the dead fish and added the treatment chemicals? What's next I have nine other fish I don't want to die. HELP! I'm new at this fish stuff, so please answer question...

View more questions Search