Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex.Schuster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 12:11 PM
    I want to get emancipated when I turn 16
    I'm15 years old right now. My 16th birthday is in March and I hope to get emancipated. I am in school, and get good grades. I have an apartment building that I would move into. I need to know more details on it. Whether I need a lawyer, money costs, etc. I would like to get information from someone who has been emancipated themselves. Please help me out. It would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Alex.Schuster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 12:12 PM
    I also live in Minnesota.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2011, 12:44 PM
    Sorry, but Minn doesn't not have any statutes or process for emancipation of minors. There has been cases where courts have granted emancipation in cases of marriage or parental consent. So unless your parents agree to allow you to live on your own. You have about 2 and a half years to wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting emancipated [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am 15 years old and I am curently living with my mom, her fiancé, and 4 of my brothers. My moms fiancé has 2 daughters as well that visit regularly. This is my moms 4th time getting married and they decided to get married only 2 months after they met. My dad died when I was 10 years old due...

Getting Emancipated [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and pregnant and my dad is an alcoholic and he throws me down. I have called the police on him countless amount of times. My mom is fixing to get out of jail but I don't know if she is able to get custody of me. I can't live with my dad anymore and I don't want to go to foster care. I can...

Can I be emancipated? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 15 and pregnant. I am menially abused by my father. There has been physical abuse in the past. I am have a younger brother and a older sister. My mother and father do treat me a lot differently form them. My father is also a drunk. He is mean and abusive when he drinks. He was thrown...

View more questions Search