Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rmkj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Stuck Auger
    I snaked a bathtub drain with auger,
    And now the cable won't come out
    As it seems to be snagged by a
    Spring-loaded check valve just inside the tub.

How do I extricate cable?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Reverse direction while you're pulling back. Tell me exactly just where you went down with the auger. Through the drain or the overflow. Good luck, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
    You E-mailed me that you went down the over flow. What type overflow do you have? )(see images) Is it possible that you have a older house with a drum trap, (see image) instead of a "P" trap and you're hung up there? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsmen Auger Blade bent 24' [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am an old Snow blower C950-52109-0 , I have bent the blade on the LH auger. I have taken the 6 screws out on both sides. No luck. How do I replace the blade. Eveything else works OK. Please help Snow storm tomorrow and day after Vivek:)

Auger Diagram for two stage [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman Eager1 Snowblower (2 stage) and I can't figure out how to put the auger belt on. I have a 38" belt which by the model number (536 90570) is correct. The guy I bought the blower from put an 8 horse on the machine instead of the 7 horse which was on it originally (I think)....

Snowblower auger belt issue [ 2 Answers ]

I just put on a new belt on the snowblower and now it flips over when engaging the auger and burns. What is wrong?

Commercial sewer auger [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how difficult it is to use a (rental) commercial sewer auger to clear a pipe that runs from the house (actually, from a clean-out installed when this was done several years ago by a professional "rotorooter") to the septic tank (which was pumped three weeks ago). I have had...

View more questions Search