Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmhalvorson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Heat transfer
    I would like to install a geothermal heat pump system. My house sits upon granite rock. If I have a vertical hole drilled 150 - 450 feet down, would there be any pros or cons to drilling in rock versus soil base for thermal release to heat pump system? In other words, would the system work better in rock or soil to heat my home?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Geothermal can work in one of two ways:

1. An intake and a discharge well some distance apart
    2. A closed loop system where pipes are buried in the ground.

You may have only choice #1, but you need two wells. And now you have to worry about the contaminants of the water and heat exchanger corrosion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silicon heat transfer grease [ 6 Answers ]

I'm installing a engine block heater into a Toyota Prius. I need to get some silicon heat transfer grease, but everything I find is geared towards electronics. Does anyone know what I could use for an engine block heater installation? Thanks

Another H1B transfer while one transfer is pending [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had a H1B visa from company A . Recently, I joined company B and my H1B visa transfer is still in process. I do have the receipt for that. . My question is. I got an offer from company C. Can my VISA be transferred to company C... I have I-797 and 3 months old pay stub from company...

How Do I Best Transfer Heat From High Ceilings To Floor [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have 14-foot ceilings, ceiling registers and an old furnace. All my heat stays up near the ceiling and does not warm the living space below. I do not want to but a new furnace, but want to transfer heat down from the ceiling area to my living area. What is the best product to buy to...

Heat Transfer - Physics [ 2 Answers ]

a .500kg sample of water is at 15 degrees C in a calorimeter. A .0400kg mass of zinc at 115 degrees C is placed in the water. What is the final temp of the system if specific heat of zinc is 388J/kg/C and the specific heat of water is 4184J/kg/C? This was the exact question goven to me I think...

View more questions Search