Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:00 AM
    Amway ?
    Does anyone know anything about Amway corp? It stands for american way started in 1959, and claims to make a lot of people wealthy by only redirecting they shopping from traditional buying to buying from your "own" business and introducing other people to the business.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 29, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Amway MLM at it's oldest.
    Amway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 04:13 AM
    I know they have a really BIG building. :p

I used to live up the street from the World Headquarters in Ada Michigan.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:22 AM
    J-9, do you know of any people that really make good money from this company? And are you part of amway?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Their products used to be quite good years ago (like about 15 years ago), I'm not sure how they perform now. Of course then having someone come to your home for product demos was better received than it is today.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Hello benn:

Amway is a good company. If you like selling soap and vitamins and you work at it, you can make money. If you work hard at getting other distributors signed up underneath you, you can make big money.

But, there ain't no free lunch. You're going to have to work very hard at it.

excon

PS> No, I don't work for Amway. I don't take vitamins and I don't wash.
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Many years ago I knew people who worked for Amway, heck it was what put our town on the map. Yes, some did make a ton of money, especially DeVos :p (just an aside, I dated his son Doug in high school), but others didn't. Just like any job you have to work at it.

And, no I don't work for Amway.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:29 AM
    My youngest brother and his first wife bought into Amway and worked harder than a 40 hr a week job. But they liked to sell, they could sell, and people bought. Amway products are very good, such as their laundry detergent. If you like selling, can handle the pressure of sales and deadlines and goals, are excited to meet new people, do not get disappointed when people tell you, "no thanks", and have a back plan (as a real day job, at least for awhile), then go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Yes, if you don't mind selling to people you know, people that live near you and anyone you meet ( but a real sales person does not mind that)
    And you will want to get others selling under you also ( that is where some of the better money comes from)

I have a couple friends that have been doing it since the early 80's and live very well, I know a dozen who started it and stopped in about a month.

It is like any MLM if you work hard and like it, you can make money.
    You will not get rich over night, you will have to work very hard getting started

I love the products but on a limited income have stopped using them because of the pricing.
    ibofightback Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    Does anyone know anything about Amway corp? It stands for american way started in 1959, and claims to make a lot of people wealthy by only redirecting they shopping from traditional buying to buying from your "own" business and introducing other people to the business.
    Amway is one of America's top 25 largest private companies and globally one of the world's biggest direct selling companies. Under the umbrella company of Alticor, Amway manufactures hundreds of products, mostly in health, beauty, and haircare. The Nutrilite nutritional products were ranked as having "most satisfied users" by ConsumerLabs in the US and numerous times been rated a "most trusted brand" by Reader's Digest in Asia. Nutrilite is promoted by athletes such as Asafa Powell (world 100m record holder), Liu Xang (world 110m record holder), Sanya Richards (2006 World Female Athlete of the Year) and Jenn Stuczynski (American pole vault champion)

The Artistry cosmetics range was independently ranked by Euromonitor has one of the world's top 5 "prestige" cosmetics range and after Nutrilite is Amway's second biggest selling product range.

Amway is famous for it's homecare products, including it's first product, LOC (Liquid Organic Cleaner) which was one of the world's first biodegradeable cleaning products. It's environmentally friendly SA8 washing detergent recently scored 99 out of 100 in testing by Consumer Reports - the next best scored 87.

In recent years Amway (Quixtar in the US) negotiatied exclusive rights to XS Energy drinks, and these have been best sellers in the energy drink marketplace.

In general Amway's products are very high quality, but as you'd expect they also cost more than lesser quality brands. However, if you use the products yourself and market them to others, there's the potential to make a lot of money, some make well into 7 figures.

Note that just "buying from yourself and getting others to do the same" is not a business building method supported by Amway corporation, though some groups that work with the concept promote this. Amway expects you to also promote and sell the products direct to other consumers.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 29, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Why is it that when ever a question about any MLM company is posted along comes a Newbie and posts just how great it is.
    Do these guys do nothing more than search Google all day for forums where they can "answer" queries about the latest MLM system!!
    To top it all they tend to Post and Run as well. :o
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 29, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I know they have a really BIG building. :p

I used to live up the street from the World Headquarters in Ada Michigan.
    I know the feeling GR is a big place. :)

You don't live around here anymore?
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 08:36 AM
    ibofightback, How long have you been an IBO with Amway and has it made any changes in your life?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 08:40 AM
    He's a shill:
    ibofightback - Google Search
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    I know the feeling GR is a big place. :)

You don't live around here anymore?
    I now live in Tennessee, close to Memphis. My mother, though, is in Cedar Springs now. I miss the weather. :(
    RMC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Yes, Quixtar which is Amway in the US and Canada is a good business and there is more money available now then ever before if you work the business...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
    In one company that I worked for, I know that one of my managers had become really good at doing the Amway thing. He was an excellent salesman! But unfortunately, sometimes how he got his sales was by being dishonest with customers. So, maybe he wasn't really all that excellent, then.

A few times, some friends of mine have tried to get me involved in Amway. I find it frustrating to be someone's friend when part of the agenda of their being my friend is that they are trying to use me to make money.

I know that Amway has some good products, though. But, I prefer not to be involved in it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 12:42 AM
    They are not using you to make money but telling you to redirect your money from buying your monthly goods from your own business rather then making the owner of walmart more money you can help yourself and your family make money while shopping from your own business.

What is better? Making the owners of Walmart richer or helping your friends and your family make money and in turn you make money?

Aug 31, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    ibofightback, How long have you been an IBO with Amway and has it made any changes in your life?
    I've been an IBO for nearly a decade, this is the second time around. I've always loved the products. Made any changes? Absolutely. Using the Nutrilite products has helped my health enormously. Building the business and learning from successful people got me reading again, and I've used many of the things I've learned from that to build other businesses as well. Combine my Amway business and other businesses and I haven't had a job for 8 years. I'm not rich (yet) but I'm really glad I got out of the job "ratrace".

Aug 31, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I'm not a shill. I'm an Amway IBO who got sick of reading crap on the internet, so I devote some of my time to addressing it. And now I'm having to deal with even more crap - this stupid, and false, claim that I'm a shill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amway, Quixtar. Good or bad? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to join the amway quixtar team? Or is it a fraud? Please help.

View more questions Search