Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelz1244 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 03:05 PM
    If you draw 2 cards from a deck of 52 cards, what's the probability that you'll draw
    If you draw 2 cards from a deck of 52 cards, what's the probability that you'll draw only red cards?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Apr 6, 2011, 08:17 PM

What are the chances of drawing a red card the first time around? There are 26 red cards out of a total of 52 cards in the deck.

Given that you got a red card the first time, no what are the odds of getting one on the second draw? Keep in mind that you've already drawn one red card out of the deck, so it's not quite the same probability as before.

So the probability of getting a red card both times is the probability of getting one the first time times the probability of getting one the second time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Robability two people to draw the same pair of cards from two different decks [ 12 Answers ]

If two people are given two different card decks, what is the probability they to draw exactly the same pair of cards - let us say each draws Ace and King of hearts. What will be also the probability if one draws two cards and the other draws 4 cards the two to have a matching pair?

Deck of cards probability [ 2 Answers ]

Two cards are drawn from a regular deck of 52 cards, without replacement. What is the probability that the first card is an ace of clubs and the second is black? any one know the answer?

Probability of a deck of cards [ 1 Answers ]

What is the total 3 card hand you can get with two aces

Probability using deck of cards [ 1 Answers ]

hi well I really need help with this homework because my teacher kept on explaining something and I just don't get it! With replacement: 1. 2Queens 4/52*4/52 I get that part.. but this.. 2. 2 clubs 3. an ace and then a 2

View more questions Search