Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DUNKINGIRL023 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 03:33 PM
    I haven't a signed a lease for that apt but now she won't refund me the money back
    I haven't a signed a lease for that apt but now she won't refund me the money back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 04:55 PM

If you have not signed a lease, what did you give them the money for, to hold the apartment, for the rent?

If you rented the apartment, it can still be considered a month to month verbal rental even with out signed lease papers if you paid for the apartment and agreed to take it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease renewal - roommate hasn't signed new lease but will not leave or pay rent. [ 6 Answers ]

My roommate/best friend and I have lived in the same three bedroom apartment in New Jersey for 4 years. This past year we took in a 3rd roommate that we had met through friends. Upon her moving in the 3rd roommate signed the current lease agreement, which is now due to end in a few days. About...

Money owed without a signed IOU [ 12 Answers ]

I let someone use my credit card to pay court fines. I could never get him to sign an IOU. He did verbally tell me he would pay me back (of coarse) . It is obvious it was used for his purpose. The court fines are in his name. He has not paid on the loan. He has since said that he would say it was a...

Breaking a lease prior to occupancy.lease already signed [ 13 Answers ]

Help. My question is this... i signed a lease to rent a single family home... i gave a 200.00 deposit to hold it/toward security. I am unable to move into the home because i have to go out of state for a very ill family member (mother). ive tried to contact "LANDLORD" several times when i heard of...

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

Are email commitments to lease binding if the lease has not been signed? [ 1 Answers ]

We have 2 emails from a rentor stating that they will take the property for the summer (like they have for the last 3 years) and that they are putting the lease and the check for the total rent amount in the mail. We then received an email saying they changed their minds. We never received the...

View more questions Search