Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2007, 05:30 AM
    2002 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter engine code.
    I have a 2002 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter. I keep getting codes: PO442 Evaporative Emission Control Leak Detected (Small Leak) & PO455 same as above but Gross Leak. Dealer keeps telling me it's a bad gas cap but after the third one I think I need to go to a different dealer. Does anyone know what this code means?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 18, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Is the cap you're using factory or aftermarket? Tiny differences can make cheaper caps not fit right. Also check where the cap seats for anything that could prevent a good seal. They've told you the codes that are setting but have they diagnosed the car? The leak could be at charcoal canister or the lines going to/from it... Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 jeep grand cherokee code p 0320 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 grand cherokee with 4.0L and it shuts of while I'm driving let it set for a few minutes and it will start it shows a code p 0320 I need to know what I need to replace

Antifreeze leak in 97 Jeep Cherokee [ 2 Answers ]

1997 Jeep Cherokee... I purchased this a year ago from an elderly couple so I thought that it would be in decent shape. When I purchased it the antifreeze didn't have too much of a problem. Once winter rolled around it would go through antifreeze like crazy but no leaks. I had Firestone do a...

88 Jeep Cherokee Transmission [ 2 Answers ]

My son has an 88 Jeep Cherokee, Automatic 4X4. The reverse just went out in it. Goes in to drive OK, but nothing in reverse, I assume it's the transmission. My question is how safe is it for him to drive until he can get it fixed? I believe all the parts inside the transmission are different...

View more questions Search