Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 08:08 AM
    I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s)
    Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears.

Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily.

How are you supposed to deal with people like this?

If you have a stories or even tips on how to deal with situation like these please post ;)

MRS.S
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Apr 8, 2009, 08:42 AM

Do I ever... for one don't stoop to her level, she's a . Be the bigger person and maybe have a little talk with your supervisor let them know if there is a problem with your work, they should talk to you personally, not through the grapevine. I hate my job at times too, who hasn't?
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 11:52 AM

Well good luck. I had my dream job and couldn't wait to go to work when I was punching out at night. But I had this co-worker who put me in total misery. I tried to grin and bear it every day. I went to my supervisor when I could. In the end it bit me in the butt. At a time I could have been promoted, I didn't get it. Because of my relations with her... so whatever you do or however you handle it be careful. I was so distraught over it I quit and then cried for weeks over it. Guess I only hurt myself quitting. But I couldn't stand the misery I felt everyday.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Lucky for me, the supervisor and I are friends.

The fact that she's complaining a lot to her and amongst other co-workers really frustrates me [oh yea she's 19]. I'm in accounting and she's in customer service, where we clash is when it comes to invoices.

MRS.S
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Apr 8, 2009, 12:20 PM

Oh please, she's a child and has childish ways. She's probably jealous of you and the supervisor's relationship. Ignore her.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 12:28 PM

I'm a job coach for people with disabilities,one of the trainers I work with was so disrespectful and rude to the service users that I wanted to slap her!

When I stood up to her she turned the whole thing back on me and reported me for bullying her.

Frankly I was shocked and stunned at her effing audacity!

It all came to a head when she was caught verbally abusing a service user,she was sacked,but she made my life hell in work while she was there.
    I met her recently on a night out and she was still unemployed and still rude and mean spirited.

Moral of the story:
    Once a cow... always a cow.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phoxphyer78 View Post
    Oh please, she's a child and has childish ways. She's probably jealous of you and the supervisor's relationship. Ignore her.
    Maybe- she's been here a lot longer than me. Tough crackers!

Redhead:

MRS.S
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2009, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears.

Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when infact she makes a million or more errors daily.

How are you supposed to deal with people like this?

If you have a stories or even tips on how to deal with situation like these please post ;)

MRS.S
    I think she likes you and because she does not get from you what she needs or requires ( attentios etc), she hates you and tells you off to her boss. Does you boss says something to you after this woman reports you? If not, just laugh it off as reports will eventually stop as no boss can handle constant complains and she eventually will be told to stop moning. If your boss says something to you after she complained, be assertive and say that you prefer that your work coleagues can judge your work and you will be happy with that ONLY if she ( this women) is perfect and free of mistakes herself! It should be said in a polite tone. Good luck
    underpar Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2009, 09:25 AM

If you love your job, don't let this one co-worker get to you. Do your job, be nice and sweet to everyone and sooner or later, she will get hers.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 09:52 AM
    It's hard to find a job that you really like, so I would do everything I could to fix this problem. Why don't you go straight to the source. Ask her to join you during your lunch break, then tell her that you feel that you and she have gotten off on the right foot and you would like to change that.

Often small misunderstandings can lead to huge issues because no one speaks up when the problem is still small.
    butterfly20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 02:29 PM
    I am having the same problem where I love my job, but my co-worker always has to do everything she can to make me miserable. The only thing is, I'm 19 and she is the adult! She puts on this very sweet façade to make everyone believe she is so nice, but oh no, me and the other secretary know different because she drives us both insane! I know she has a problem with me, but have no clue as to why since the only form of communication we have is via post-it before she runs out the door and they sound very rude just by the way she triple underlines specific words and uses exclamation points, or she goes straight to the boss (who really likes me and the work I do) and will complain. Well I can have a million complaints about her, but the boss says to let them go because the woman is very sensitive and cannot handle the truth. I just want her to speak to me personally if she wants me to know something that way I can explain to her my side of things.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 02:02 PM

I think the best thing you can do is stay friends with the supervisor, always a good thing to have them onside.

Perhaps when your having one of your friendly chats you could just very casualy mention a few mistakes that your co/worker is guilty of, be sure to be very casual about it though.

Something like... oh dear she still doing that, bless her, whilst you casualy have a sip of tea etc... very important not to show any malice toward her.

The superviser is not stupid, she will have worked her out along time ago.

Give as good as you get... but do it nicely, she'll soon back off.
    workingurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Comment on 88sunflower's post
    I am two years late on this post but I know how you feel. I too have a co-worker that I can't stand to be in the same room with. She thinks she knows it all, she has to be in everything, inserts her mouth into conversations that no one has included her in, she's sneaky and coniving. I don't understand how she is allowed to get away with this behavior. I completely agree with you when you said to be careful how you approach the matter. I went to my supervisor numerous times regarding my co-workers behavior. Let's just say, my supervisor let me down. My trust and respect is gone. There are times when my co-worker is running late and I sit here just hoping she doesn't come in. I love my job, finally working in a field and location that I've always wanted to but I hate my co-worker.
    xiaonemo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2011, 02:30 AM
    My co-workers (whom I've to work with) always shout at me as if I'm their maid, showing me angry impatient face whenever I just politely ask them questions regarding work that I'm not sure of. I also don't know what's wrong, but whenever I ask, or just commit a really small error, they'll just shoot me with that attitute.

There's one gal who used to try to control me, criticise me, first one to jump out to say me when I've errors in my work, when in fact I tried to distance from her whenever possible. I complained to boss once, she didn't really question her, just ask her no need to "guide" me again. But that doesn't stop her. She's always staring at my PC when I'm working, listening very carefully whenever other colleagues teach me things, as if trying so hard to find my errors.

There was once I finally take the chance and complain a lot in front of her and our boss, venting out my anger. It's been 8 months.. and till now my anger is still not appeased. She stepped on me for 1 year! All those sacrastic remarks... after my complain, she scared already, tried to be gentle with me, but now her patterns are back again. I think if she's still like this, I can't do anything already. If I complain somemore, our boss will only think it's my problem, she's not with us most of the time, so she don't know how she really treat me.

This job is actually great, and all colleagues are able to get along well with each other. But I think I rather leave the job if I've to be under that particular gal's torture again. It's unhealthy to be in a place that'll keep generate hatred in me. I rather have a lower pay, than to be scared everyday, thinking don't know what she'll attack me verbally again, under her control, etc.
    manton80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 09:59 PM
    I work with this ***** called vanessa best who is in her late thirties, she is a short plump women who has never had a boyfirend in her life and enjoys when she hears of tragic break up stories from other girls in the office, then when the breck up heals she hates the girl for getting back with the boyfriend who she has never met or has nothing personally to do with! I have never met such a jeslous but at the same time overly confident person in my life. She goes out of her way to suck up the *** of the bosses daughter who is 10 years younger than her, if this person wasn't the bosses daughter there is no way Vanessa would like her because she is a bit pretty. This Vanesse goes out of her way to make snide comments that comparing her life to thers as she thinks she is doing really well. She goes on holidays alone or with a single bloke that don't want to have sex with her. She walks past me and says things like "Oh you still have that cold" because she got a flu shot. I just hate her so much and I hate that she even exists in the world, if she is so ugly and short with a face that resembles bulldogs cheeks than I wonder why can't she even get an ugly boyfriend.
    pharmrx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 02:32 PM
    I work as a pharmacy intern at a very busy pharmacy, and since I'm still a student I only work 4 hours a week. My coworkers (only the technicians) make those 4 hours miserable! They seem to be jealous of me, or hate me for no apparent reason. It might be because I'm young, I'll become a pharmacists, and I'm a minority in the area. I really do not know what it is! They are just mean to me. I used to work at another pharmacy before, and then I got moved because of school. This location was supposed to be "better" for me, and don't get me wrong, I really like working at the pharmacy, but my coworkers are just making it a really hard time for me. I need help! I don't really know who to talk to, the pharmacy manager is off for maternity, and currently we don't have anyone in charge. Sometimes I wish I could work only once a month, and I find myself working at other locations. This is just sad.
    TwinkleSprinks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 02:43 PM
    I had the same problem. I was actually getting written up for things that she complained about. The other co-worker even had my supervisor and I all sit down together to talk about why I wasn't being really nice her. I told my supervisor the truth. I had walked in on her talking about how I probably didn't do something that they were looking for after the sistuation was resolved to be not even me. Not only did the confrontation get turned around to her but she was in trouble for spreading rumors about other people. She was warned about doing this before. She did eventually get moved to a different department. Thank god! But boy did she hate the me the whole time she was here. Now she having the " same issues" with a different department now. But all the people she complains about to the supervisor are seasoned workers. The supervisor is now starting to realize it was her and not everyone else in the department. It comes back to them in some way. She is now know for being the gossip around the office and a complainer by not only the supervisor but the owner as well.
    Sorry if this is a bit choppy. I was writing it on my phone. :)
    Underwriter Tec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 08:49 AM
    I work with a woman who is completely miserable in her life and alls he does all day is moan and complain. She is a Debbie Downer. She spends so much time making personal calls and gossiping around the office that when she starts to make a stink she doesn't know how to do her job I wan tto scream to my boss and say maybe if she spent her time here working instead of doing personal stuff she wouldn't be in this situation. Nothing is ever good, she complains about everything. It is so annoying. I hat eher so much, just looking at her face makes me sick to my stomach. When she talks I want to choke her because it's always negative. She finally moved away from me so I only see her in passing which still sucks but better than before. She is 50 and acts like a complete white trash whore loser. If she didn't suck on our boss's butt so often and so much maybe she would have been fired by now.
    danelectrica1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
    I'm having a hard time as well
    freomeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 07:05 AM
    I have a 21 year old co worker that has been in my industry a total of 1 year, but see fit to monitor me and remind me if I miss something or make a mistake. I put aside some drugs to put away in the pharmacy, on the counter but got called away before I could put them away. I forgot about them (it was late in the day) and they were left in a very small neat pile on the counter. After I left that night, she found the time to collect them up and put them back on my desk, rather than the mature choices of either putting them away for me, which she is capable of doing, or leaving them for me to put away the next morning. She looks for things I have missed so she can use them to make a statement to me. And trust me, she is far from perfect. I have been in this industry for 15 years, and to have a 21 year old act like the police is driving me to the brink. I am not like her, so have no idea how to change the situation or improve it. I always work hard and do my best and am polite and supportive of my coworkers. Why can't I expect the same degree of support and respect from them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Does my dad hate me? [ 16 Answers ]

I feel like everything I do is wrong! I can't do anything right. Its like whatever I do I'm never going to be good enough for my dad. He never notices anything I do right but when I do something wrong he goes crazy. I no your probably going to say he's my dad he must love me but he dosen't....

Why does god hate me? [ 8 Answers ]

I am about to turn 16.Alot of stuff been happening to me lately.(A)Ive been sent to a BD class in high school just because I get a little nervous around a lot of people.(B)everybody been wanting to beat me up for no reason.(C)alot of my relatives been dying.(D)then my ex girlfriend asked me out...

I hate myself [ 3 Answers ]

I hate living and no one wants me around and the only thing I'm good at is work and for money my parents want to kick me out and I the told me they wish I was dead my ex girlfriend is making my life a living hell and she makes me feel like I can't do anything and none of my famil wants me to move...

View more questions Search