Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvmyhondas Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2005, 04:17 PM
    Rabbits destroying my garden
    How can I keep rabbits from devouring my garden..

Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2005, 04:37 PM
    This is a problem. We have had fairly good luck putting lime on things. I reuse an empty Preen container. Fill it with lime, and shake a little on as soon as beans and peas come up. Do cabbage when you set the plants out. Reapply after each rain. Mornings are best when the dew is on the plants. Usually they don't bother corn, tomatoes, and squash too much. If they do, lime them too. Nothing bothers the rhubarb.
    luvmyhondas Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Thanks...

I have my veggies protected with ckicken wire, it is my shrubs and perenials that are getting devoured...

Does anyone know to get in contact with Elmer Fud?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2005, 06:36 AM
    You should be able to find sprays meant to protect them from dogs with the lawn and garden supplies. You could see they repel rabbits. You could also offer to walk your neighbors' male dogs. Rabbits might find shrubs they marked unattractive.
    ludakris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2005, 10:11 AM
    Irish Spring shavings work as well...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat dirt in my garden [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a proven cure for keeping cats out of my garden, I've tried orange peel, garlic cloves and other than getting a dog don't know what to do next. I don't want to hurt them, just don't want them making my garden smelly.

Garden Pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently moved into a house with a 3' x 4' concrete garden pool. It has a spout in the middle of the pool and city water can be turned on with an old-fashion T device. There is also a built-in overflow valve. A plumber advised me that I should not use city water, because it would cost...

Do rabbits regurgitate? [ 2 Answers ]

Do rabbits regurgitate? Do bunnies regurgitate? Thank you, Isaac

MTD Garden Tiller [ 1 Answers ]

2005 MTD, 7 hp, garden tiller will not shift out of forward gear. Why?

SLUGS In The Garden. [ 6 Answers ]

We've had slugs eating our garden plants, herbs, and flowers before, but nothing like this year. Tried just about everything from slug bait to hand picking and just can't seem to make a dent in the little slimeballs. If anyone has something that works for them, please let me know. (It has been an...

View more questions Search