Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmhallbe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 06:12 PM
    How to operate old slide projector?
    I have a sears automatic 500 slide projector but I have no idea how to use it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 05:53 PM

If its like the Kodak model then it's a carrosel style projector. You need to load the slides in the carrosel and mount it. Then look at the buttons (one should be for turning on) The one that looks like a backwards C with a line in it.

The other buttons opperate the slides in forward and reverse. Also it looks to have AF (thats auto focus). Or you can focus it yourself by rotating the lens. There is also one set of buttons for "zoom" so you can fit it to your secreen.
    Good Luck and let us know how it worked out for you.
    dvadala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 08:07 PM
    I have no idea if you are still looking for information but I have a Sears Automatic 500 Operating Manual. Please let me know and I can probably scan mine and send you a copy.
    bud0708 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dvadala View Post
    I have no idea if you are still looking for information but I have a Sears Automatic 500 Operating Manual. Please let me know and I can probably scan mine and send you a copy.
    Dear dvadala-I have the same issue-I just bought one and the seller (grandson of the original owner) couldn't figure out how to make it work but I bought it on review. Lotta damn buttons on it. I know this is two years after your post but thought I'd take a shot at your generous offer.. Thanks, Mike >Phone number removed per site rules<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to operate the synclite 300 slide projector [ 0 Answers ]

I am having an old synclite 300 slide projector. The bulb and every other parts are in working condition but I am unable to operate it since it seems the slide must be put in a different manner. Can someone suggest how I can operate this.

Haminex 35 mm projector slide trays? [ 2 Answers ]

Hanimex rondette slide projector Model 2000 takes carousel style trays or long narrow rectangular trays what trays are compatible with this model?

Graflex constellation slide projector 500a [ 1 Answers ]

Came across a working constellation gralflex slide projector model 500A and was wondering if it is worth anything and where to sell it. Thanks

Old slide projector [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find the year this slide projector was made?Manumatic-Gold E Mfg-Chicago Ill. Serial no 60480

View more questions Search