Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissGignac Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2010, 07:57 PM
    Sudden Loss in Muscle Mass/one side
    I suddenly lost muscle mass on the one side of my body, specifically my right leg and buttucks.
    Nothing has changed in my diet or workout, so the drop in muscle mass has got me quite surprised.
    Does anyone have any suggestions, I've seen a doctor and they suggested I could have a sport injury or I could just walk on one side more than the other. But I mean this is a HUGE difference, and it was sudden. So if anyone has an answer or any sugguestions on how I can even things out, that would be great. How do I fix my walking if I am walking more to the one side?
    XsonXofX Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 03:52 PM
    You sound a little obsessed
    XsonXofX Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 04:50 PM

Only excessive amounts of cardio would cause you to lose muscle because over-training tips the scale towards the catabolic side. It's difficult to generalize and pinpoint one specific amount as too much, but I think it's safe to assume that just about anyone could do up to 45 -60 minutes of cardio a day, 6 to 7 days a week without losing any muscle - as long as the proper nutritional support is provided.
    Lovestowine Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 04:31 PM

I know this post is 3 months old but you should see a neurologist as soon as possible to rule out any serious conditions. I hope everything is well with you now.
    maddis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Have you taken any drugs or medicines? It's important to recall that too. I also suggest you to do a set of medical tests. Sudden muscle mass loss is common to people who had a steroid intake and stopped. My doctor recommended me <a href="http://www.steroidsources.com/buy-steroids-online.php">buying steroids</a> to get prepared for the allergy season. I also had fitness session and once I stopped that it had an effect on my muscle mass too.
    soror Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 01:40 AM
    Same problem.. I had a sudden muscle loss but still weigh the same... I took a lexotanil tablet (1.5)but I don't think this may make me really lose a huge muscle mass... if anyone may help please...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to decrease fat content and increase muscle mass in our body ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My weight is fine according to my height. But the fat content is more and muscle mass is less. That's why I have less stamina as compared to others of my age. Also, water content is low. I am advised to take more water and fibrous food. I want to know more about what all should I include in...

Gaining weight & muscle mass [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26 years old male. 6'2" and only 130 lbs. I work out 6 days a week for 2 hrs a day, all weight training and zero cardio. In addition, I drink protein shakes every day after working out. For the life of me, I cannot gain muscle mass no matter what I do. It seems I've tried everything, but...

Gaining Muscle Mass [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 19 years old, 6'5" and currently 175 lbs. i want to get bigger in muscle to the point of what they call "jacked". My workouts are good and intense, but I can't seem to nail down this whole diet thing what are some good things to eat as far as protein and carbs and whatnot? What are some...

How to put on more muscle mass after already working out for a few months? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 5' 9'' and weigh 140 lbs. I started working out in mid January when I only weighed 130 lbs. I am happy with the fact that I have gained some weight, but I started so skinny that I have a lot more progress to make. My first efforts were to just get toned, and now I want to gain more...

View more questions Search