Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    el_scorpio2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 06:30 AM
    How to get a good appraisal of an antique Singer sewing machine?
    First of all, please excuse me for my bad english as I am not a native english speaker. I found in the attick (clichee I presume) an antique singer sewing machine. Its serial number is 209101. Singer.com dated it to early 1860's if I remember corretly. What I am asking from you is if you know how, or where to go to get a good appraisal of the item. I can make photos if you'd like. BTW I am from romania, so I think the solution to the appraisal is online only . Thank you for your time, and I wish you only the best!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 06:47 AM

If the serial number is correct, then the machine with your serial number was manufactured in 1859 (reference). This is a very early date, as Singer started manufacturing them in 1851.

Knowing that, one good source is eBay. Go to eBay and search "antique singer sewing machine" - and look for models dating in the 1850s and 1860s - to see what people are asking for them... and better yet, put them on your watch list to see what they are selling for.

Condition, of course, will be a big factor.

Beyond that, contact some antique dealers to get their opinion.
    el_scorpio2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 10:49 AM

Thank's a lot. I will do that. I am sure you people (who try and help others) will have a reserved place in heaven :) . BTW if others have any more ideas please don't be shy. Thank's again!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by el_scorpio2000 View Post
    I am sure you people (who try and help others) will have a reserved place in heaven :) .
    Yes, we do, we'll hope to see you there! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appraisal of Antique Singer Sewing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an estimate on the price of an Antique Singer Sewing Machine. It is a V.S.2 Model made in Kilbowie in 1890. It is in decent condition with the gold leafing well intact. It sits on a cabinet with three drawers on each side and I believe it has all of its original attachments. If you...

Antique singer sewing machine value [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for a value for a Singer Sewing Machine, serial number AL0(numeric)78528. According to singer website, the machine was manufactured 5/11/54, 50,000 were distributed. It's a beautiful machine - I'm contemplating buying it regardless of the value. Thanks

Antique Singer Sewing Machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have an antique Singer foot pedal sewing machine with oak cabinet. The model number on the machine is G9628489. Can you tell me what the value of the machine is?

Antique singer sewing machine [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I have an antique singer sewing machine manufactured before 1900 (perhaps, in 1874). It's serial number is 14118848. Can you tell me what the value of the machine is and what is the best place (site) to sell it? Thank you

Singer Sewing Machine Appraisal? [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a Singer Sewing Machine. I would like to know a little more about the value of this item if possible. I have found out it was manufactured in 1941 in Scotland. It has its original wooden carrying case with it and is in good condition (A few minor scratches and dents) I do...

View more questions Search