Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    austin1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Grinding noise
    I own a 96 honda civic lx,and thereis a grinding noise every time I make a sharp left turn,it seems the only time it does this is when there is excessive weight in the rear or on the passenger side of the car.what could this be? It does not do this all the time only when there is a lot of weight on the passenger side
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by austin1
    i own a 96 honda civic lx,and thereis a grinding noise every time i make a sharp left turn,it seems the only time it does this is when there is excessive weight in the rear or on the passenger side of the car.what could this be? it does not do this all the time only when there is alot of weight on the passenger side
    The weight distribution may be coincidental, but it could also be a major factor. If the suspension is riding too low, the tire may be scrubbing inside the wheel well.
    Another possibility is the power steering system binding while the rack is moving through that side of the travel.
    Further analysis is in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grinding noise when turning right [ 8 Answers ]

Toyota Corolla 2002 I went on vacation for two weeks (car sat in driving for the duration). After I came back I noticed that every time I make a right turn I hear this grinding noise. The noise seems to be consistent with the speed (i.e. if my speed is fast then the grinding noise is fast). I...

5 years + GE dryer has aweful grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

After research, I'm sure that the "rear bearing kit" should solve my problem. I can't find one anywhere. Can someone enlighten me please on its where abouts for GE dryers? I see other manufacturers with no probs. Model dbxr453evoww Thanks!

AC unit outside making grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned on the unit my neighbor came over and said it was making a loud "grinding" noise coming from the compressor. I immediately turned it off and didn't hear the sound myself. It wasn't on long enough for me to determine if it was cooling inside. I do remember thinking that it wasn't doing...

Engine making a grinding noise [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 honda civic with auto transmission. I noticed today when I reved the engine that when I let off the gas the engine made a very slight grinding noise. I was in park so I don't think it would be the transmission. While driving the car I have had no problems at all. Any ideas on what may...

View more questions Search