Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ukgarrison Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 06:12 AM
    High pitch noise from pipes
    When I turn on the hot water I have a high pitch noise coming through the pipes. Is this a pressure build up. I just replaced a washer in the basement.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Does the noise happen when you open any hot water faucet or just one? Cheers, Tom

Jan 30, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Thanks Tom,

It happens when I open up and hot water valve. Could it be coming from the hot water tank.

Thanks,

Shawn
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Hi Shawn,

If you have a "heat nipple" coming out of the hot water side of the heater that's what I would check first. Regards, Tomk

Jan 30, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Hi Shawn,

If you have a "heat nipple" coming out of the hot water side of the heater that's what I would check first. Regards, Tomk
    Thanks tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

High pitch TV problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've recently received a TV which isn't brand new but as soon as the TV comes on there is a very loud and annoying high pitched squeel, I was wondering if anybody could help me

High pitch noise from tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Lately my wife and I have noticed that when you tun of the faucet to our tub a high pitch noise seems to be coming from knob. If you only turn on the water a little bit this is when you hear the noise. Once its opened about 3/4 of the way the noise stops. Any ideas on what causes this?

Noise from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if there is anything I can do about this, I have just moved into a new flat and have found that there is a constant "rushing noise" coming from the pipes. This is 24/7 and only quietens after I quickly turn a tap on and off (but does come back after a few seconds). It seems to emminate...

Shower making high pitch whistling noise [ 4 Answers ]

My shower makes a high pitched whistling noise. This doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to be more pronounced when changing the temperature from hot to cold. It may come and go, or may make the noise during the duration of the shower. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Any help would...

View more questions Search