Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjl211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
    How do I connect a DVD Recorder to Satellite Box to HDTV?
    Here's what I'm trying to connect:

Phillips DVD Recorder Model DVDR3400 (which has 1 HDMI input)
    DirecTV HD Receiver (which also has 1 HDMI input)
    Panasonic Plasma HDTV Model TH-42PX60U (has 2 HDMI inputs)

And this is what I have in the way of cables:

1 HDMI cable
    1 component video cable (the YPrPb cable)
    1 S-Video cable
    And plenty of composite video cables

How do I connect it all so that I still have a great picture and am able to record programs from the satellite dish?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jan 27, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Best bet is to connect the HD receiver to the Philps using Component video, then the Philips HDMI output to your TV.

From what I've read, The Philips Component video input only accepts 480i, standard definition signals. You may need to set the HD receiver to output 480i in order to record properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD recorder to Satellite AND cable box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new panasonic DVD recorder that I am trying to connect to both my Satellite box (for international channels) and my Charter Cable DVR. I have been trying to do this for over a week now and cannot get it to work properly with the Charter Cable DVR. I get the lower channels but not the HD...

Hook up of Satellite,Tv,DVD recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 51 projection TV hooked up to a Star Choice Satellite system. I want to hook up a vcr & dvd recorder. I have s-system cables, component cables(red blue green) and rca (yellow red white) cables to do the hook up but cannot figure it out.I did have a dvd/vhs recorder combo unit...

How do I connect a combo dvd/vcr to a dish network satellite dvr/tv? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect a combo dvd/vcr to a dish network satellite dvr/tv?

Connecting hdtv, dvd, dishnetwork and surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

I'm sure this question has been posted before -- couldn't find just the right answer for us -- please forgive the duplication, if I have. In a nutshell, I'm trying to set up: RCA hdtv RCA 5.1 surround sound system Sanyo DVD Dish network service Local outside antenna Using RCA and coaxial...

How to connect TV, satellite rcvr, dvd player [ 2 Answers ]

We purchased a Samsung 50" rear-projection dlp TV yesterday. Now we're trying to get everything cabled up. We have a directv satellite receiver composite cables (red, yellow, and white). We also have a Panasonic dvd player/recorder with a choice of the composite or component cables. We would like...

View more questions Search