Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tania3092 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Step father's right to adopt
    Can you please tell me how can I go about adopting my step son who is 8 years old? His biological father rights were taken and I would like to adopt my fiance's son. What do I need to do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Check with the family court where you live. They will outline the procedure and give you any forms that you need to file. Basically you need to petititon the court for adoption. If there is no contest to it, it should be mostly formality. Assuming you are married to the biological mother, and the biological father's rights have been terminated, there shouldn't be a problem.
    tania3092 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Thank you, I will definitely look into it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing of Father's Parental Rights [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. My name is Catherine. I live in Chesapeake, Virginia. I need to know what I need to do do get my daughter's father's rights terminated. He's already signed a paper stating he is willingly terminating his rights and got it notarized. I know I went to some site and it said if the...

Step father rights to adopt? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my partner have been together over two years we have a baby together and I have a son from a previous relationship. My partner James has always looked upon my son as his own and has been there since he was 6 months old. My sons dad doesn't have contact with him as I got fed up of doing all...

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

Natural Father's Rights [ 4 Answers ]

Long story short. Dated a women I'll name "Jane" several times. On the last date, she said she had a husband who was in jail. The fact that she was married was enough to end the relationship. Since then I have married a longtime sweetheart. A month and a half after we split up, "Jane" told...

Stock in Deceased Father's Name [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found some stock certificates in my deceased father's name. He passed away about 10 years ago. The certificates are for 40,000 shares of Combined Penny Stock Fund, Inc. I found out that Combined Penny Stock Fund Inc. recently liquidated for $.01 per share. (Giving these stock...

View more questions Search