Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmanwarren Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Peel and stick vinyl tiles
    Looking to use these in my kitchen because I can't get the same pattern on a roll of vinyl.Now I have never used these before and have a couple questions.I know they come with glue on the backs but how good is it.Does it hold for a short time but then they come loose.See wondering if I should add some other glue to the backs.When these are placed do you see all the seams or is it made tight enough so they aren't noticed.Are there some material they don't stick good to or do they stick to anything.How long of a life can I expect from these before replacing.The kitchen I would say gets average traffic.When it comes time to replace how much of a job is it to strip up the old ones.Now other then mopping do they need special care.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2006, 06:17 PM
    They make a "primer" that works like a charm. I forget what it's called, but you can pick it up in a bottle where you get the tile.

We use it on all our apartments now.

Clean the floor well, use a paint roller to roll the primer on. It dries pretty fast and when dry you can walk and work on it.
    lmanwarren Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Ok what does the primer do.Does anyone have answers to the other questions
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2006, 01:05 PM
    The glue on the tiles sticks better to surfaces with the primer on it.

In short, the better tiles appear nearly seamless. The cheapies show the seams more.

If they are going over an even floor (yes, even the tile that's there) they should last you for a many years - even 10 or more - even in high traffic.

When it comes time to replace, you can go right over them. That would be a third layer of tile - which is not uncommon.

As far as care goes, typical damp mopping is the norm.
    will5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 07:02 PM
    I just tiled a kitchen,dining room,and bathroom,on march 24th[230 sq ft].They went over old lino,that was wiped clean.They fit very tight,therefore a bit of adhesive seeps to the surface at seams,but with adhesive remover to clean that up,they make each room look very,very nice again.You can't let sand,tiny rocks etc get on it,just like hardwood.For the price you can't go wrong,just buy extra tiles for the usual repairs.Like if something very heavy falls.We contemplated ceramic,but we are glad to have decided on peel and stick tiles.On the back of the boxes it tells you how to clean,maintain,things to avoid onto the surface etc,etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Australian Stick Bug [ 4 Answers ]

I just received an Australian Stick Bug as a gift, and I have no idea what to do with it. It is in a vented plastic cage with a flip top lid, some fake ivy in it, and a small water dish. I was told to feed it greens. I don't know what kind, or if the wrong kind would be bad for it. Can someone...

Stick Arena Cheats? [ 9 Answers ]

I've been searching for games and found this one. I've played and seen many cheats. How do they die and get a wep automatically when they revive? How do they go through walls? How they go real fast?

Peel and stick [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to put peel and stick on an already tiled floor. The tiling was well done so I don't want to tear it up. It's just ugly for my taste. How can I pull this off?

Should people stick to what they know? [ 22 Answers ]

Should people post in forums they know little about if others with good backgrounds are active there?

View more questions Search