Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonjohns Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 02:43 AM
    Looking for my father-dont know his name
    I am looking for my father.He met my mother in Ayrshre Raffingora in Southern Rhodesia in 1959.I do not know his name.But I heard that he worked as a farm assistant at Best Farm in Raffingora/Ayrshire.He was about 25 years when I was born.He came from Dundee in Scotland.I heard he tried to bring me to Scotland when he returned about 1970,but my mom would have none of it.Mom refused to tell me his names before she died.She feared to loose me.
    I have since moved to Scotland,married a Scottish and I live in Edinburgh.The people in Ayrshire and Raffingora at the time include the Foxes and the Shattocks.
    Anyone in Dundee or Scotland with a granddad with stories about Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and Raffingora or Ayrshire,please help.My email is >Removed<
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2011, 08:24 AM
    This is impossible without additional identifying information.

Please don't post an email address.

Oct 4, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Thank you JudyKayTee.
    I have now traced the family who employed my father,but they refuse to respond to my enquiries.I will advise further information in due course.

Oct 27, 2011, 02:53 PM
    I have discovered the correct name of the farm.It was called Basset Farm,situated in Raffingora,Mashonaland,Zimbabwe.It was owned by Captain A.J.Whitfield.It was later bought by an English baron, Lord Cecil Weld-Forester,or just Lord Forester.My dad,whose first name is Hamish,worked first for Whitfield,and later for Lord Forester.He left in 1958 after I was born and all contact has been lost.
    My contact does not remember dad's surname.The Foresters are late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find my father if I don't know where he is? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm looking for my birth father, obviously *points at username* his name is daryl but all I know is he left before I was born, my mom won't tell me if he's on my birth certificate, I can't get to my birth certificate and his last known where abouts were Texas and his mom may or may not still be...

My Father don't Care About Me [ 3 Answers ]

My father don't care about me, he has never been dere 4 mii wev eva I need sum1 to talk 2.. he tellsz mii in ma face I isn't worth a penny... wat can I do to stop feelinq like the worst dauqther in the world?. how can I prove him who I'm reallii r?

I don't want to father some other man's kid but I don't want to leave my girlfriend [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for five weeks, and yesterday she found out that she is pregnant, I am 18 the father is 17 and she is 16, she can't have the kid, I can't be a father this soon I want to be one but just not now, she can't throw away her future, and the father no matter how bad this...

My ex wants to take me to court, but I don't think he's the father? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not going to put him on the birth certificate. I'm willing to take a paternity test, and if he is the father, I'm totally willing to let him see her. I just want to know, does he have the right to demand a paternity test whenever he wants? Or can I wait for a couple weeks after I have my baby?...

View more questions Search