Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkovler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 03:44 PM
    I want to change a merlin jack to a regular jack
    I have a merlin system that I want to change. I think there is a way to change the cords in the jack to make them work with regular phones. Can anyone give me clear instructions about how to do this? Thanks so much... gail
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 04:48 AM

If it uses the 8 conductors on Merlin, then I would remove all jacks, install a single or double jack for 1 or 2 lines.
    Connect white/blue to green, blue/white to red, white/orange to black, and orange/white to yellow. Blue pair is line 1 and orange pair is line 2.
    Then where the Merlin was, connect all of the white/blues together, and then the blue/whites together, and the orange pair, then connect to your 1,2 or more lines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add a phone jack [ 1 Answers ]

I need to add a jack in the same room. Can I connect it to the existing jack on the other side of the room?

Bad wall jack [ 1 Answers ]

One wall jack had no dial tone. Installed new jack. Wires were black/yellow/red/green Hook them up to the jack terminal that have same corresponding colors. But still No dial tone. Guess it may be in the line??

What is the best job for Jack of All Trades? [ 5 Answers ]

Any ideas on what sort of job would be perfect for a jack-of-all-trades?

How to change wiring on phone jack for DSL [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need help! I have only one phone jack in room with computer. It is a separate line and number different from my home phone. I am getting DSL and will no longer need this separate number. When I cancel this number for cpu that line will be dead(I Think). I ordered my DSL on my regular...

View more questions Search