Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oscarnunez1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record?
    I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2007, 03:12 PM
    What was your felony for? If it was for drugs, you may not be able to drive a semi - but that all depends on the employer. My daughter's biological Dad was (still is) a convicted felon on a variety of drug charges and he still manages to get a job driving a semi.

Truck driving school - there is assistance for those programs. Just be very careful about those schools. Some just take the money and there is no follow through for the graduate. My oldest brother ran into that. He got the behind the wheel training and then there was no promised job.

Many companies want drivers with verifiable over the road hours - it speaks of experience and also their insurance companies are requiring it. Check with your state's Job Service and ask one of the counselors there for information. Are you eligible for anything under Vocational Rehabilitation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 05:07 PM
    There are programs for people, loans, and assistance for truck driving school, but none are "free" you will have to pay it back after you start working.
    I don't know of any programs just for felon
    GARY28KC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 06:03 PM
    How Do I Get Assistance For Truck Driving School?
    GARY28KC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 06:06 PM
    I Already Have A Company That Will Hire Me But I Need To Get The Cdl Training
    brown7477 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GARY28KC
    I Already Have A Company That Will Hire Me But I Need To Get The Cdl Training

What Company is this? I have already secured my training through an accredited school, but do not want to commit to the financial obligations if I can not find a company willing to hire me before I finish. The payments will start 30 days after graduation from school and if I am not working it will kill me financially.

brown7477(at)gmail.com
    vnavarro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Try to find out with you're local unemployment office or look into the WAI Program they will assist you with school or retraining I'm a felon and going to school at this moment finding a job try Carolina Cargo they hire felons. I hope this is some help.
    danieandcasanov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarnunez1 View Post
    I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar
    I am in the same boat and would love to know this same thing
    eric lewis Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 10:04 AM

I am in the same situation my charge is burglary I want the training and need a job real soon
    sethivie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs View Post
    What was your felony for? If it was for drugs, you may not be able to drive a semi - but that all depends on the employer. My daughter's biological Dad was (still is) a convicted felon on a variety of drug charges and he still manages to get a job driving a semi.

Truck driving school - there is assistance for those programs. Just be very careful about those schools. Some just take the money and there is no follow through for the graduate. My oldest brother ran into that. He got the behind the wheel training and then there was no promised job.

Many companies want drivers with verifiable over the road hours - it speaks of experience and also their insurance companies are requiring it. Check with your state's Job Service and ask one of the counselors there for information. Are you eligible for anything under Vocational Rehabilitation?
    OK so here is my thing I just finished crane shool and got sertified to opperate canes but the problem with that is some companies won't hire you if cdsl to drive the crane from site to site so I was looking for a place to get my cdl and I have a felonie from 2007, of course it's a drug charge so any advice can help
    price0613 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 04:06 PM
    I have drug convictions that are 20 years old and a under the influence ( misd ) that is going on 8 years old. I am looking to a career in the trucking industry . Is there any truckin schools in calif who can help a guy who has changed his life and just wants to drive a semi and be productive.
    zqsyvep350 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 06:41 AM
    I think fielxo for truckers can help you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2011, 02:14 PM
    There is no real "free" training, there are programs where trucking firms pay for your training and hire you.
    Next many offer funding (loans)
    hgrqafq241 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 10:05 AM
    You can see CDL Jobs Info for help.
    Noa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Thank youn so much. Your message really keeps hope alive.
    PaigeMarieSmith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarnunez1 View Post
    But I'm a felon can I still drive a rig
    PaigeMarieSmith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 02:46 AM
    I am a felon can I still drive a rig to support my family
    Free man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 01:25 PM
    How did you get financing? You must not be on parole.
    TYJAY616 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 12:24 PM
    What company will hire you. I am looking also but, will try to go to school myself.. if I see other options I will let you know..
    TYJAY616 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
    I am trying to find a company that will hire a felon and how old the felony got to be..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck driving schools for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Truck driving schoos for felons

Truck driving with felony [ 28 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon looking for a job in the truck driving, industry, my conviction is 6 years old, I am looking for trucking companies that are willing to hire a truck driver with a criminal past.

Starting a truck driving/ delivery business [ 3 Answers ]

We are thinking of starting a truck driving/ delivery business. WE would have 2 drivers, 2 loaders. What could the 5th person do? Please help us

Truck Driving job [ 3 Answers ]

I am a felon are there any Companies that will train me and put me to work driving a truck?

Truck Driving Job [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a Dui over five years ago. When I was young I got into some trouble with drugs in high school and have to prior underage drinking charge which are over 10 years old. Is it going to be possible for me to become a truck driver ever? Will anyone hire me with my background?

View more questions Search