Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Feb 20, 2006, 09:59 PM
    Know a good christian website/forum?
    I checked into this forum a few days ago. But I clearly see how religion divides people. Mysticism, mediiums, astrology, all things I learned about were from a spirit of witchcraft almost a lifetime ago. Hearing these things makes me sad for all of the evangelists among us trying to help people have better lives. So, anyone know of any Christian forums, by chance? I would appreciate it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2006, 10:11 PM
    Here are a few, but religious belief separates even those within their own denomination, one merely has to go to a annual meeting, or church council meeting. Even at the local level, if you have ever sat though a church meeting, you will often find it about the most unchristian experience you can find.

But honestly, I have been on dozens of forums ( I am on about 6 right now) and this one is about as nice as it gets, most go down hill from here fast.
    Here are a few of some good ones, I saw no need to give you any of the really bad ones

http://www.godlyplaces.com/Default.aspx?tabid=36

http://www.catholictruths.com/

http://forums.catholic.com/index.php?
    -

Feb 20, 2006, 10:31 PM
    LOL FR. Chuck!. Which one goes downhill from here? Anyhow, thanks for the reference. I was about to do a helpmeJesus.com!
    Expert

Feb 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
    These go down hill fairly quickly on religion

http://www.answerway.com/

http://forum.ulc.net/index.php?http://forum.ulc.net/

The below list is a Yahoo group our church has, not many people on it and a little slow at times, but if we see any bad posts we erase them

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SGSmembers/
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 03:40 AM
    My favorite is http://forums.catholic.com/

... and you'll find very nice company here at AskMeHelpDesk!

I am humbled that Fr_Chuck (thank you, Chuck!) would mention the one I set up (www.catholictruths.com); It's in it's infancy, though, so not much there yet...

You can at least see, by the homepage and Site Info link, a bit about where I'm trying to go with it... which relates to what you said about division.

My goal for the site is twofold:

1. Show the evidence and logic of Christianity in general, and
    2. Expose the Catholic faith in a way that shows my non-Catholic brothers how much we have in common - which I propose is far more than most non-Catholics think.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2006, 08:44 AM
    You are welcome, I liked your site for a few reasons, it had a good layout, easy to use and I believe it will be moderated well. And any and all sites, even this one, had to start at some time with one person and a dream.

Now for getting a lot of people and some very good answers this site is about the best out there. And believe me I have been to all of them I think
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2006, 10:19 AM
    I also like your site, Rick! There's not much on it, that's true, but it's very nicely laid out. It's easy to find everything, and it's a good idea. I hope it becomes a success for you. Then we can say "we knew you when..." lol. ;)
    Expert

Feb 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
    He'll be saying "orange who" "Father ?? who"
    -

Feb 22, 2006, 01:59 PM
    I'm enjoying the Catholic & Christian forums very much. The common belief we have in soothing& I like praying for people. But I like this site too for some weird reason. I realize I was under the presumption that America was "basically Christian"... Even in my early fifties! Friends (church or not), family, even at work, I always hear a "praise God" or a" thankyou Jesus". Idon't think I discriminate at against other faiths though. A dr. or a cashier... as long as they're nice enough, do their job well, & seem to be a good person in this world, everythings fine. Now, hypothetically, if they brought up "reincarnation" , I'm sure it's the Holy Spirit in me that gets ready to do battle. Agreeing would innately contradict my experience. Just as I would not seek a psychic knowing they bring out the dark/negative side. I have a open mind to learning in general, but I'm sure Christ in me beautifully closes the door on the evil one & his helpers. So that's something to date I've learned in my Christian walk. Sorry if I offended any other faiths... as I really am harsh when I try to make a point. People have the right to believe whatever they want their choice & free will. It's OK too.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 02:19 PM
    I hear what you are saying 31pmpkin. I have to say that I found some of your posts rather... brute. I took no offense to it and I hope no one else did. But it is a common thing that I see in a lot of people that are strong in their faith.

I agree with Father Chuck that you will see reflections of this in a local church meeting. There is more segretation just there than I care to admit. I still attend my church which is made up of mostly Protestant Christians, by which I was raised.

However, if you are looking to convert and spread the Word of God, what better place to do it than such a diversified site as this? I, too, want to spread the Word of God. Although my beliefs are mostly Christian based, Im sure I have a different understanding of the Bible than you.

Do you think that people will respond better to you and the Word, not by force, but the power of suggestion?**

I think that you have made very valid points in every thread that I have seen you post in. But they tend to not get taken for Truth because of the way they are portrayed.

There is an underlying feeling in today's world... that Religion is forced down our throats. That, I feel, is why we have suddenly become SO diversified.

When someone sees a pronounced Christian almost demanding that what they say is right, they will automatically shut them out. This is because "we" don't like to be told what to do or think... "we" would rather think of it on our own.

**Did you notice how much more open you were to the possibility I mentioned here? Is it because I asked you, rather than told you?
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Feb 22, 2006, 02:34 PM
    DrJizzle, what you say is true. I think Christians need more compassion when bringing the word. We also need to stand firm in our faith like 31pumpkin seems to do. We need to let the world see we are different (in a good way) but also let them know we are not going to allow the bad things of the world to seep into our own lives. We need to let the world know that we understand their pain but that they don't have to stay in that pain. I think your right that some people are threatened when the name of Jesus is merely mentioned. They think we are trying to jam it donw their throats. It's a good thing we are not the one's in control so we can move on when someone else doesn't agree.

I have to admit that there are some things that shock me that is brought up but only because I haven't done those things in a really long time.

I like this site because it gives me good insight on not only what the people of our country think but the world. Something's are refreshing but something's are sad to hear. We can use this site to also pray for people. Think of the opportunities?
    -

Feb 22, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Very interesting. I like it allllot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

On Being a Christian [ 14 Answers ]

What did Jesus tell his disciples they should do? And, if someone does those things, is he then a Christian, or is there something more that he must do that Jesus did not mention? Will all Christians be saved? What does Jesus say about that? M:)RGANITE

Website that has good guitar tabs [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website that has good free guitar tabulature? How about Drum sheet music? I have looked but so many of the websites make you sign up for other free stuff first. Thanks in advance! :)

I need math Tutoring (any one know a good website) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello~ I was wondering if any of you all know a good High School Math Tutoring Website That Is Really Chape Or Free? I Need Help With Precents % Please Email or reply >Removed<

Jew/christian marriage [ 4 Answers ]

I read somewhere that if a Jewish women marries a non-Jewish man, the children are considered Jewish. I was wondering if this is automatic or do the children get to choose for themselves when they are older.

View more questions Search