Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexycowgirlkt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
    MTD mower starts great and then shuts off
    My riding mower starts up great and then shuts off after 30 seconds the fuel is running through the line fine The problem started while I was mowing and now I can't use it What might the problem be and what parts do I need to fix it
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 16, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Fuel in the line does not mean fuel to the carb or fuel to the cylinder. It does not tell us if the fuel is good either. I would start by making sure the fuel is fresh, then replace the spark plugs if questionable. Put a little bit of gas down the throat of carburetor to see if it starts if it does and dies you have a fuel delivery issue. If it doesn't you need to check compression, spark and many other possibilities. The most common failure on lawn equipment is bad fuel or rotten fuel left in carb.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace shuts down starts only after off switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our Furnace comes on and only runs for a minute or so... the first fan comes on and it sounds like water in the fan... we have a humidifier on side... then the blower fan comes on and it only runs for a few minutes.it doesn't get up to the tempter we set it too.( tried both.digital themo and old...

Mtd mower won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I just bought a used riding lawn mower. It had started fine each time I went to look at it. Looks like it was been treated well although quite dusty. I was told that it was used very little in the last few years. It is a MTD 16.5hp riding mower. So I brought it home today and mowed the front...

Mtd mower/ not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mtd yard machine that has a 18 hp brigs. This machine will only start and run buy shorting the 2 post on the solenoid, and the key on when you shut the key off it turns off.? The motor has been removed and put on another mower today and I have the same problem different solenoid, starting...

My PC Starts, then shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, OK just put a new motherboard in & cpu & basically it boots for about 5-10 seconds then shuts down again, getting shorter each time unless I leave it while any ideas Thanks

MTD Mower stops [ 3 Answers ]

The transmission drive belt keeps coming off my MTD Yardman Lawn Tractor--I called customer service--of course they told me to take it to an authorized dealer--yeah, right--anyone else having that problem --or have a suggestion?

View more questions Search