Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1jOjO1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 11:28 AM
    HPV vaccine
    Does anyone know if the HPV vaccine prevents STIs?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 12:30 PM
    It doesn't protect against STI's except for the HPV (which is a virus)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
    The HPV vaccine only provides protection of the human papillomavirus (HPV). It does not protect against any other STIs, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, or syphilis or HIV/AIDS, just to name a few.
    1jOjO1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Gardasil is the name of the vaccine here in the states. I actually gave quite a few today.

It will aid in protecting you against all forms of the herpes virus, but again, not against other diseases. It is used primarily to prevent cervical cancer due to exposure to the virus.

It is given in 3 doses over a 6 month period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lepto vaccine a reaction- [ 3 Answers ]

I took Tuscany last Thursday to the vet. I had been in Boston from Monday until Thursday afternoon visiting my sister. When I got home I could tell that he was not feeling good. He shook his head a lot and was scratching at his ears. I had always had labs growing up, so I was pretty sure that he...

I have hpv [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?

Can Parvo be caused by a vaccine? [ 5 Answers ]

I adopted a seven week old puppy on 6 January, 2007. He is our only pet, and he was kept in our house, with outside potty breaks only. He had no contact with any other animals during that time. On 16 January I took him to the vet to have his DHLPP vaccination. Later that day, he stopped eating...

Mmr vaccine [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 and have just had the mmr vaccine, is it normal to have massively swollen glands in the throatand aches and pains?

DHP- parvo vaccine [ 3 Answers ]

How often should a dog need to have a Distemper vaccine?? My dog had a DHP- parvo vaccine on April,06. Does this mean that she had a Distemper vaccine??

View more questions Search