Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judepot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 08:25 AM
    New Homeowner's Insurance
    We had a roof leak 9 months ago and a total re-roofing done then. Our homeowner's insurance covered the water damage in one of our rooms. Recently we had another roof leak in same spot on roof that caused water damage in same room! Our Homeowner's Insurance is going after the roofer to pay for water damages. If we would like to change to a new Insurance company for a Homeowner's policy, would that be cause for the new Insurance company to reject us for insurance with them?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2014, 01:36 PM
    No, not if your current carrier will subrogate properly. Why change?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2014, 08:09 PM
    If you have made two claims for damages,. The number of prior claims and the amount of damages paid. May effect if another company will insure you.

I do agree, they paid one claim, and they are working on the second. This sounds like a very good company. Many companies will just deny claims and make you appeal though the system.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2014, 08:20 PM
    I agree with chuck. And who selected that roofer in the first place? Maybe you have just been shopping for a better rate for a while now and these roof problems are coincidental.
    Did the roofer provide a warranty? " Many companies will just deny claims and make you appeal though the system."-as chuck said.

If you are holding it against the insurance company that they went after a contractor for his poor workmanship- I don't get it.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2014, 12:27 PM
    Your comment on my reputation:
    "I am not holding against the Insurance Company for a subrogation case against the roofer. That's inaccurate on your part. The roofer acknowledged his part of the water damages and fixed the roof. ", "source": "Smearcase"}

You clarified my question but why not put it for everyone to see? I stand by the impression I formed based on the wording of your question, and my comment is germane to your post.
    Why are you considering "jumping ship" at this particular point in time, when it appears that your present insurer acted properly on your behalf? Our accuracy here is based on the information you provide. You haven't answered anything yet except for the hidden comment I just provided. Good luck with your decision. Nobody here is out to get you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowner's Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Does the insurance company penalize for claims filed and paid but homeowner never has work performed?

Homeowner Insurance [ 15 Answers ]

Neighbor occasionally baby sits in her own home. She has homeowners Insurance. I often wonder if the child got hurt under her care, would the insurance cover it. Or is there a separate policy she should get.

New roof through homeowner insurance [ 3 Answers ]

We have a tin roof over 30 years old. The ceiling is leaking in 3 rooms and 2 hallways in our house. Will insurance cover a new roof?

HomeOwner's insurance claim [ 4 Answers ]

Mom's property has had no mortgage due on it for a # of years. Recently there was catastrophic damage from water and frozen pipes. Insurance company paid her directly. The question was asked of the insurance company if she has to repair the house or can she sell it. The response was that 'the...

View more questions Search