Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iwonaredbug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Goodman Heater
    My heater kicks on for about 15 seconds then turns off and the fan runs indefinitely, after a while the heater will kick on again and the same thing repeats. Meanwhile cool air from the fan is blowing in the house and the temp on the thermostate gets lower and lower. I've tried turning off the emergency switch on the wall for about 30 seconds then turning it back on hoping the heater will reset itself but the same thing as above repeats. Could it be the gas valve and where can I find out how to fix it? Thanks inadvance.:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Look on the circuit board and see how many blinks it is doing. This is a diagnostic tool. Post results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman gas heater doesn't work [ 8 Answers ]

It's been working all right till this morning. I woke up and the room temperature was around 60 :( . All I know about it is that it is a goodman brand furnace. It doesn't have a pilot, but an automatic ignitor. We followed the instruction to reset it -- shut down the electricity, shut down the gas,...

Goodman gas heater [ 9 Answers ]

I have a modelgmpn120-5 gas heater.. today I had gas company look at it.. it runs good for a while.. then shuts down... I go down take a black vacuum hose off.. it has water in it.. I empty it.. heater runs.. today the guy from the gas company said the secodary heat exchanger was bad... how much...

Goodman Heater issue [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have GMP075-3 model of a Goodman gas furnace. The heater would make the sounds that it was beginning to work. I could see the ignitor light but then nothing else would happen. The repair guy came and said the Burner roll-out limit was somehow tripped the other day. Possibly from a down...

My goodman heater keeps shutting off [ 4 Answers ]

Manufacturer: Goodman / model PGB030075-1 / serial no: 0104616662 Age: 6 years Type of system: Heating and air conditioning Type of fuel: LP

Goodman Heater [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Goodman Heater, GMT Series, that recently started to sound like it is struggling to turn on. The LED blinks three times when it is struggling and the panel says that according to the blinking, we should check venter pressure switch or vent blockage. It was eventually starting and would...

View more questions Search