Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Green Tea?
    What kind of green tea should I drink to help boost my metabolism and lose weight? Do those snapple drinks work? Any suggestions?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Get a natural Green tea only, You can make hot tea by the qt, and warm it when you need it or make it individually. I would stay aways from most of the green teas you mentioned because of the sugar they include, usually high levels. SO it's self defeating. I get a regular box of green tea bags and it does help, 4 cups a day is what I advise, in addition to healthy eating and exercise, one won't work without the other.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Snapple, fuze and many of the others say surclose and I swear it can mean sugar
    OR artificial sweeteners---really bad for you.
    You need to do what Lovelesspa said and buy the tea bags or loose leaf tea and make it yourself.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
    The sugars you metioned are offenders, but a lot of products that are considered low fat or seemingly healthy have "hidden Sugar", Just check the nutritional labels and make sure that the Healthy foods or drinks you are about to eat/drink don't have one of these sugars as of the First few ingredients. Here's the list of Hidden Sugars:
    Corn Syrup, high fructose corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate, maltose, dextrose, sucrose, hoeny, maple syrup, turbinado, amazake, soribitol, and carob powder. These are sugar, no matter how it looks, and sugar is the # one reason people can't lose weight. Any product with more than 10 grams of sugar will hinder weight loss.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2011, 02:26 PM
    I recommend against drinking bottled tea. Besides the sugar, which other users have mentioned, it is also worth mentioning that the antioxidants and other chemicals in tea begin to break down after the tea is brewed. I have an article about bottled tea that explains this fully and cites sources. If you want to get the full effects of drinking tea, you need to brew the tea fresh.

I also want to emphasize that there is no evidence that green tea is universally healthier than other types of tea, such as black tea, white tea, or oolong tea. The reason for green tea getting all the attention is largely historical, as the early research happened mostly in Japan, and the Japanese drink almost exclusively green tea. Again, if you're skeptical, you can find sources on my page about the health benefits of tea, in which I cite a study that has actually measured the concentrations of various chemicals in various teas, and found no clear trend based on the tea type (green, black, etc.)

I personally recommend drinking whatever tea tastes best to you, and whichever one makes you feel best. Don't be pulled in by the hype. A lot of companies just put out misinformation because they are trying to sell a product. You're better off buying high-quality loose-leaf green tea from a company that focuses on taste rather than promises of weight loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green Tea [ 3 Answers ]

I have a thyroid disease (hyper) Can I drink green tea? Some say yes others say no.Please help

Mullberry Green Tea [ 3 Answers ]

I lived in Thailand and was able to buy mulberry green tea easily in bulk form or in bags. I have been having trouble locating it in America. If anyone knows where it is sold please let me know. Recently I found a can labeled Mulberry Tea and I wonder if that is the same as mulberry green tea?...

Anyone evey use okinawan green tea? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an overweight person, and I would like to loose weight. The only thing is that it is very hard for me because I quickly run out of energy and can't continue the exercise. I was wondering if anyone has used the okinawan green tea. If so, did it work, and how quickly. Please, if you didn't...

View more questions Search