Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redd31807 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Grants & Scholarships
    What is the best website to get grants & scholarships?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
    There may be some, but I haven't found any that I do not have to pay for and I am not paying for a grant or scholarship.

If you are in the states here is a good one to apply for financial aid... FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Other than that, good grades will do it automatically. I go through college via scholarships and grants using only my good grades. The school picks up the grades and forwards them on.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 06:39 PM
    I would recommend fastweb.com
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 4, 2007, 09:37 PM
    If you visit the reference section in your main branch library, there are at least five huge books chocked full of grants, fellowships, scholarships and loans. You must take a notebook and be prepared to spend some time writing down all of the grants, etc that may be of some use to you. One of the best books is entitled: The Blue Book. There are two others written by the same authors, plus about three books written by some other folks. I'd send query letters asking what the requirements really are, what you need to do to be acceped, the best time to apply and the most important question is: is this grant still available. I hope that I have been of some help... please pay it forward. Oh, I forgot, read all of the fine print, ask questions if you do not understand. Remember your name will be on these forms. Become educated before you attend college!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gov grants - any Grants [ 8 Answers ]

I have a new business for 6 months. I have been in this type of work for 11 years and have the same customers. I buy offshore produce and ship them to the states. I ship 40,000 - 200,000 pounds a week"or I did" I don't have the up front money to buy now. Does anyone know a good place to start ...

Suggestions for scholarships and grants [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here's the thing. My name's Jason and I'm really in a bind at the moment. I'm 18 years old and I really need to start getting my life together. I live in Florence, SC and I'm getting ready to try for my GED at Poynor, and I'd like to go to Francis Marion College after I do get my GED, but I...

Canadian & European Scholarships 4 Int'l Students [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm Egyptian,male,single,29,I've a MSc. Degree From a British University with Merit... and I'm looking forward to start my PhD. . My question is about the available sholarships in Canada , the UK or any other european country for foreign graduate students like me... Your help will be...

Canadian & European Scholarships 4 Int'l Students [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm Egyptian,male,single,29,I've a MSc. Degree From a British University with Merit... and I'm looking forward to start my PhD. . My question is about the available sholarships in Canada , the UK or any other european country for foreign graduate students like me... Your help will be...

View more questions Search