Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    W5TOM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2018, 06:03 AM
    HVAC squirrel cage blower whistle noise.
    I just had a motor replaced in a HVAC squirrel cage air blower. The blower now makes a kind of whistling sound along with the normal moving air sound. The sound seems to pulsate and is annoying. I know the technician has the rotor off center. I.e. there is a big gap on one edge of the housing and a very small one on the other side. Could this off center positioning be the cause?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2018, 01:21 PM
    It well could.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2018, 06:29 PM
    Make them center the cage properly. You are getting unbalanced flow that could cause the noise you note.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hvac blower noise [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The blower for my HVAC started producing a noise a couple of weeks back. The noise is continuous once the blower motor is energized(and starts the moment the motor fires up). It goes away immediately once I turn the blower off(even though the blower wheel is still turning). The noise is a...

Not cooling from squirrel cage blower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... my central air system does not seems to work. We cannot received any cool air at all! We have done everything. Please note the following: - we removed heat exchanger and cleaned thoroughly with special chemical which removed a lot of grease and dirt - the cold water going in the coil is...

Squirrel cage noise [ 0 Answers ]

There was a slight rattle coming from my furnace fan. I opened up the intake grate, saw some screws gilding the fan to the bottom of the cage, and proceeded to tighten them. Now there is a new noise that sounds like some is off kilter or out of alignment - like a low far off helicopter noise. I...

Oil furnace blower motor squirrel cage [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace my furnace blower motor squirrel cage. This is the mechanism that moves air throughout my house for air conditioning or heat. My current squirrel cage is currently out of balance & needs to be replaced. I think my blower motor turns counter clockwise. There is a difference...

Blower motor and squirrel cage making noise [ 0 Answers ]

Do I need to balance the squirrel cage fan? If so how do I do that?

View more questions Search