Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarik1210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Trucking that will hire felons
    I need to know a trucking company that hires felons I was just cleared for my hazmat
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Aug 4, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Any company should be willing to hire on any qualified driver as long as his / her license and endorsements are up to date. I would submit resumes until I found one that appreciated my achievements.

Carolina Cargo - Employment

Good-Luck
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Yes, I agree with the answer above and would just like to add that if you have letters of recommendation as well as lots of qualified references to give to potential employers, it might make your search easier.

Please be upfront with potential employers about what you have done, be it in person or on an application.

I would also like to add that, if I were you, I would try to get rid of the mindset that you are a felon, but rather think of yourself as a former felon who is ready to move on with your life, has learned from and is regretful of the of the mistakes that you have made in the past and is determined not to repeat them again. These are the sort of things that you can be telling a potential employer.

If it says on a job application as to whether you have ever been committed of such and such, I have never seen it on an application where you were not allowed to attach an additional sheet of paper describing what you did, how sorry you are for doing it, what you learned by what you did and how you are willing to move forward with improved attitude and actions in your life.

Providing such a document, just might get your foot in the door!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Driving Schools for Ex-Felons [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone provide names of reputable truck driving schools who accept those with a felony?

Trucking Companies for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if someone has answered this question or not somewhere else, but I would like to know what truck driving companies will hire you if you have a felony. I have 2 felonies, one in 99 for possession of a controlled substance and one in 04 for robbery. I just currently graduated from truck...

Know any Trucking Companies that hire felons? [ 14 Answers ]

I keep hearing there are truck driving jibs for ex-cons but where are they?

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Trucking jobs for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a resent grad from trucking school with a 7 year old felony I've applied to all of the major carriers with no results and the school is no help, were can I go now

View more questions Search