Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VanallenC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2005, 07:32 AM
    Shower making high pitch whistling noise
    My shower makes a high pitched whistling noise. This doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to be more pronounced when changing the temperature from hot to cold. It may come and go, or may make the noise during the duration of the shower. Any thoughts on what could cause this?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2005, 07:42 AM
    What's the brand and age of your shower valve? Tom

Nov 8, 2005, 07:58 AM
    Not sure of the brand
    I bought the place new a 1.5 years ago, and it still has the builder installed parts. I know the shower head is Kohler, but that is all I know off the top of my head. Can check when I get home.
    Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2005, 08:25 AM
    Can check when I get home.
    Please do. Is it temperature controlled? Squeels, whistling and rapid knocking noises are caused by vibration in the valve. I need to pull up a diagram of the valve to nail it down. Regards, tom

Nov 8, 2005, 10:17 AM
    Thanks for your help
    I will check the specs when I get home and let you know. There is never a banging sound, just the intermittent whistle sound. It seems to be more pronounced when it is cold outside and the water temp is changed to allow more cold water through.
    Thanks again!
    Carrie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Making Strange Noise [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My GE Electric Dryer is making a strang "ching-ching" noise with each rotation. But there is nothing in the clothes that would explain this noise. (It is doing this with every load). It is drying the clothes fine, but the noise is very loud and annoying. What is wrong?

Engine making a grinding noise [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 honda civic with auto transmission. I noticed today when I reved the engine that when I let off the gas the engine made a very slight grinding noise. I was in park so I don't think it would be the transmission. While driving the car I have had no problems at all. Any ideas on what may...

Pipes Making Noise [ 30 Answers ]

I have read some other posts on this forum and have some ideas. However, I will try to be more specific. About every 5-10 minutes there is a clunking noise under our house. Our house was built in 1991 (I think), is a large rambler (3400sqft), and I have total access underneath it. This noise,...

Furnace making noise when it start (sound like a generator) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello experts, I have a Lennox Signature series furnace which is about 9 years old. Since last window, it make a very loud noise when it start. The noise sounds like a power generator making humming sound. I would to have some idea where to look at before calling technician. Thank you.

Ac Making Loud Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My AC makes a loud noise when cycling. Also it never gets any cooler than 75. Could this be my compressor? How hard is this to fix yourself?

View more questions Search