Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srogers Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Checking account frozen by creditor judgement
    Without notice,my checking account was frozen and all money taken leaving 0 balance. I cannot buy food or medicine or hire an attorney. I see no way out and am thinking of becoming homeless or suicide.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 03:41 PM
    So you go to social services get food stamps, you contact the food bank and get free food, You don't put any more money in that band account and you You perhaps get a second job and help earn extra money for now.

IF they got a judgement, ( you would have received notice and had a chance to show cause why they should not have gotten a judgement) and even before that you would have had a chance to arrange payments to them.

And beyond that, if you had checks out, they will also bounce so most likely there is be a negative balance before it is over.

But if you have direct deposit, stop it now,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnished checking account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, What recourses or defenses do I haveagoinst a collection agency that received a judegment enabling them to garnish my account for over 2 thousan$ double the amount they say is owed to them, plus I have to pay $125.00 check garnishment fee. I HAVE 0 BALANCE IN MY ACCOUNT at this moment Thanks...

Creditor Garnished $10k from joint account (OR) [ 6 Answers ]

A creditor sued my wife and won a judgment against her only (in Oregon). I was not a party to the suit or the credit card. I recently found out they garnished $10k from our joint bank account (also in OR). The “writ” was signed by the creditor’s attorney, not the court. The bank was quick to...

Checking account frozen [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My mother had her bank account frozen due to her credit card situation. Where can she cash her Social Security checks, Thanks

Can a creditor garnish a bank account if there is a payment agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

A while back I asked a question for my friend who is disabled on social assistance, and was being bothered by creditors. Well, since that time, she has made arrangements with the creditors and is paying them $25 a month towards her debt, which is all she can afford with her low income. The...

Checking Account Garnishmennt [ 11 Answers ]

1. I have two checking accounts at a particular bank 2. I am the primary account holder on both 3. My sister is a joint (secondary) account holder on both 4. My sister had some credit problems 5. Her creditor garnished an account she had, and 6. Both of mine since her name appeared on them...

View more questions Search