Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stoker Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Copper to cpvc threaded connections
    Hi,
    Can I connect cpvc threaded pipe adapters directly to corresponding male or female threaded copper adapters, and, using suitable pipe dope, get good reliable joints? I know there are threaded copper-to-glue cpvc conversion connectors available, but I have on hand a number of copper and cpvc threaded fittings.

Thank you in advance.
    Walt
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 7, 2006, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker
    Hi,
    Can I connect cpvc threaded pipe adapters directly to corresponding male or female threaded copper adapters, and, using suitable pipe dope, get good reliable joints? I know there are threaded copper-to-glue cpvc conversion connectors available, but I have on hand a number of copper and cpvc threaded fittings.

Thank you in advance.
    Walt
    No problem Walt,

Yes you may. I would use teflon tape instead of pipe sealant. I have converted to and from PVC and copper for years with no bad results using threaded connections. Good luck, Tom
    doityourselfernorm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 12:28 PM
    I have found that threaded connections with teflon tape work great for cpvc to copper connections in cold water lines, but hot water lines tend to work loose eventually from temperature fluctuation. I have seen this occur in three areas of my home.
    Do It Yourselfer Norm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPVC v/s copper for new shower install [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently installing a shower in my basement and everything has went smoothly so far. My question is, does it matter whether you use copper lines or CPVC line as the water feed lines on a new install? (By that I also mean between the shower head and the faucet) Most showers I've seen in...

Sweat verses threaded ball valves [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently working on a bathroom remodel project that involves running new copper supply lines to the faucet and toilet. I have completed a number of remodel projects that involve plumbing skills including a kitchen remodel and moving the location of the hot water heater. I am confident with...

Cpvc [ 3 Answers ]

ortmanprop Newbie Join Date: Sep 2005 Posts: 0 Using CPVC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HI,

Compression vs. Threaded shutoffs [ 3 Answers ]

How good in the long term are compression fit shut-off valves (for toilets and bathroom sinks) vs. good old threaded fittings for leaking? I have always used threaded fittings on 1/2" copper and wrenched on threaded 1/4 turn valves but in my new install am considering 1/2" compression for the 2...

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search