Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brian27615 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2005, 03:41 PM
    Plastic and Copper pipe connections
    Help...

I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe.

How do I get this off? I tried unscrewing, but it does not appear to be screwed on the copper pipe.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 22, 2005, 04:25 PM
    Plastic and Copper pipe connections
    Quote Originally Posted by brian27615
    Help....

I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe.

How do i get this off? I tried unscrewing, but it does not appear to be screwed on the copper pipe.
    You have a plastic compression valve. Put one wrench on the valve so it doesn't turn and another on the nut that faces the wall side. Back the nut off counterclockwise and pull out the valve and the plastic compression nut and ferrule. Replace with a Brasscraft 1/2 X 1/4" compression angle stop. Do not use teflon tape or pipe joint compound on the metal faces or threads. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

Copper to cpvc threaded connections [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can I connect cpvc threaded pipe adapters directly to corresponding male or female threaded copper adapters, and, using suitable pipe dope, get good reliable joints? I know there are threaded copper-to-glue cpvc conversion connectors available, but I have on hand a number of copper and cpvc...

ABS/PVC Pipe Connections [ 7 Answers ]

I am about to do a modest bathroom remodel on a 40 year old house. The existing DWV piping is black plastic ABS pipe. I want to use the white PVC but I read somewhere that you should not join the two different pipe types directly. Is this accurate? If so, what is the easiest method. The only other...

Changing from copper to plastic water lines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am trying to move the water supply lines for the bathroom so that I can begin framing a bathroom in the basement. The water lines are going right across the bottom of the floor joists where I need to put up the headers for the walls so I need to move them. My brother in law was...

Copper into plastic [ 2 Answers ]

Hi iwas replacing my floor because it was rotting when I was cutting some of it up I got into my copper supply line for the shower how can I tie into it with plastic because my soldering job turned out to be a big waste of time. Thank you for your help

View more questions Search