Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leightonrawlinson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 11:13 AM
    Plastic pipe brass fittings?
    Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leightonrawlinson
    can i use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? thanks!
    If the ID of the brass compression fitting's the same as the OD on the PVC then you're good to go. Regards, tom
    leightonrawlinson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Plastic pipe
    Hello. I asked a question earlier about whether 15mm plastic pipe can be used with brass compression fittings. I received a reply saying that as long as the id on the brass fitting matched the od of the plastic pipe then it was OK. Could someone please tell me what id and od stand for! Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Inner and out diameter.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 31, 2006, 04:37 PM
    Let me make it a little less complicated. If the plastic pipe will fit snug inside the compression fitting then you have a fit. Cheers, Tom
    paulns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 02:43 PM
    As long as the diameter is the same but remember the inserts!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 02:48 PM

Hi Paulns...

This is a thread from way back to 2206 so when I saw that someone (you) posted to it I read each post and all I kept thinking on the way down the page was... isn't anyone going to mention the inserts?

Then I got to your post and *BANG* you mentioned the inserts!

Thanks for posting about the inserts as these are VERY IMPORTANT to the compression fitting/plastic pipe installations... ;)

Thanks again! Good addition to the thread!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curve fittings [ 1 Answers ]

I have curve and someone made an equation. OK, the questiones now are: 1-how can I think to make an equation? 2-what is the level of validity of this equation? thank u very much for helping

Gluing copper pipe fittings [ 4 Answers ]

comic sans ms5 Hi I'm very new to forums so I don't know if I'm even in the right place so please forgive my mistakes hopefully I'll learn how to do this without losing my sanity or driving anyone crazy. So here is my question I need to know if it is possible to glue copper pipe I don't like...

Brass drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I am completing a bar unit which is using an existing drain waste system. I have seen a thin walled brass drain pipe at my local plumbing store and would like to use this but when I have tested it I cannot get a good seal and continually get small leaks. The pipe has a threaded collar at one end...

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search