Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amreen23 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 12:42 PM
    Skin lightening?
    Hey what is the product to start skin lightening with /
    I am not dark but become dark due to playing in the sun for long hours
    So skin lightening product should help me get rid of my tan
    But I'd like to know which product to go about?
    And which is available in the market and not just online
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2011, 10:21 PM
    Try clair liss its rea;;y good and you can get it @ your local black hair store
    Whatever2011 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2011, 08:44 AM
    Hun my suggestion would be to try, Fair and White Exclusive lotion and soap (which is in a blue, with half of a lemon on the front part of the box, at the bottom right corner). In my opinion lotion and the soap work quite well base in my very own experience and 90% of the reviews that I have gone through so far. However it is slow, but they work wonders when the two are combine together and it smells good :) so just try it. Good luck.

May 3, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Okayy thanks I am going to keep that in mind...
    How long will it take for the results?
    And ihear dlikas papaye is pretty good at skin whitening is true?
    What about bio claire products heard a lot but I am worried about the side effects
    And where do I purchase these products from?
    If not a store what site would it be?
    And do the effects last?
    I mean if I stop using will the skin darken again?

May 7, 2011, 01:43 PM
    AMEEN23
    You may see results in four weeks, if your skin tone is very dark, such as Usher Raymond or Ray J the singer. Hun, if you have lighter skin tone your results will be faster. You have to use the Lotion and soap, twice a day until you see the results you like. It is slow, but it works. It clears up any blemishes, pimples, dark spots etc...
    I also heard about the Likas Papaya soap too, base on the reviews on Ebay about this soap, 85% see results in about 2 weeks, which is great. I personally has never tried it before, so it is up to you to try is if you like. I would try it if only it was sold in the beauty shop and/ or African Hair Salon.
    The great Bio-Claire products are really good. I was using the skin cream, lotion and soap, but mostly the skin cream and the soap. The skin cream smell a bit harsh, but I always put a tube or two of, carrot gel in it... using this twice a day only, you will see results in 2 weeks. I am not sure about the one that I use when I was in Jamaica, but that was back in 2004. However I can`t remember if I was using the one with Hydroquinone or the one without. It worked for me and I am thinking about trying it again, but I don`t know what to like into when it comes to Hydroquinone or the one without. They say that you can get dark spot on you skin, but I didn`t get any such results. They talk about stretch marks, but I never on it.
    I don`t think Bio-Claire really damage the skin, I think most people use a lot of skin lightening product a get there facts wrong and try to blame it on a product. You can get Bio-Claire at Flea Market, African Hair Store and Ebay. The bottom line is that it works wonders, but it you stop using it, you will get back to your original skin tone color or a shade darker. I have never heard of anyone getting darker.

Good luck hun (y)

May 7, 2011, 03:04 PM
    I am about chris browns shade or a shade lighter than that. The parts which are hidden from the sun like my upper arm and thighs are way lighter like beyounces actually lighter then her complexion . Okay so I am going to try bio claire... I live in singapore not many companies ship bio claire here...
    If I continuously use it will I keep getting lighter?
    And if I stop using it will I get back to my natural colour cause it would remove my tan first or the skin I started it with?

I want to be about 3 to 4 shades lighter

And how dark were you before you started using and how light did your skin get after that?
    Thank you so much

Are there any other good products than these?
    Thank you so much
    :)

May 7, 2011, 11:17 PM
    Bio-Claire would be very, because I am thinking the same thing for myself too. The skin cream is the strongest for sure. Aren`t there any African Hair Store there in Singapore? Please keep in mind that your best bet would be between Bio-Claire products and Immediate Claire products, hopefully you can find it out there and/ or you can get it ship out there. Yes any of these products will lighten you for sure, try any soap with the cream for a faster results or any soap with the lotion for a slightly slower process. All you have to do is to use it until you achieve the results you want.

Everyone experience it quite differently, some got back to their original skin tone and others got a little darker than when they started. All you have to do is not stay in the sun for hours at a time or spend the entire day in it. Wear sun-scream when you are in the sun and try to wear clothing that protect the are that you are trying to lighten.

Before I started this skin tone lightening process, I was the same color as Usher Raymond or Ray J the singer. I got all the way to Jessica Alba`a skin tone, she happens to be a actress in Hollywood. In Jamaica the two most famous skin lightening cream would be Bio-Claire and Immediate Claire, so the store owners keep running out of stock and so did I. I almost went back to my original color, I was only a shade lightener that`s all, I never got any darker. I try to avoid staying in the sun for a long time which helps me a lot.

The other skin lightening product that us really good Is one called, "Maxi Light" the cream is in a brown jar, the lotion in a brown bottle and the soap in a brown box. They only come in brown containers only. I have used it before and it works wonders for me which is great. It smells good, it also clears your skin up and it lighten me about 6 shades over time (it took about 2 months) use it twice a day and to it it a bit of bust I added between 2-4 tube of Neprosone Gel to it. It product made me sweat a little, because I have oily skin, but if your skin isn`t then you got absolutely nothing to worry about.

Good Luck :)

May 15, 2011, 09:50 PM
    African hair store down here I don't think so.. byt its okay I'll order it from eBay even though it's a total rip off but a trusted site..
    I am so confused as what to buy and what not.. there are so many products out there and hardly anywork with effective results but causeside effects..
    Hmm maxi light ? 6 shades wow that's amazing
    What about break oouts?
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 06:56 AM

Neoprosone is a very strong steroid apply with caution I know people that have ended up int eh hospital using this steroid its much stronger than movate which has a high level of mercury, I would not recommend this @ all if you use maxi light that with some retina 0.025% to start is a good way to go DO NOT USE NEOPROSONE it works for some people but you may not be that lucky

May 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Okay I tried bio claire I broke out in just a few days :( I can't believe it...
    Any suggestions for whitening products ?
    I only want to lighten my face
    And help with my break outs
    Someone help asap
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

May 21, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amreen23 View Post
    okay i tried bio claire i broke out in just a few days :( i can't believe it ...
    any suggestions for whitening products ?
    i only want to lighten my face
    and help with my break outs
    someone help asap
    If you want to lighten your face,just get lowest strength of Retin a and Melalite Forte(4% hq) and trust me,you will be all set in no time! That is what I use on my face.Retin will help you not to break out and it will prep the skin for the work of HQ

May 21, 2011, 11:18 AM
    Know any site that ships over to singapore ?
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

May 21, 2011, 02:08 PM

I get mine from a seller on ioffer.com
    He ships to everwhere...

iOffer - About Me page for: latisse01

Try it.I just got retin from him days ago.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2011, 08:51 PM

You can try clairr liss it is on the market and it works great, or any hq based cream you can find in the stores in singapore should work

Jun 12, 2011, 07:06 PM
    Clairr liss I tried looking but couldn't findit

Jun 12, 2011, 07:08 PM
    I am going to try maxi light :)

Jun 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Lighterr and Amereen23 I am just telling you guys what I have used before and I never had a problem with these products before. I refuse to recommend a product that I have never used before. I worked for me in the past, but the problem is will it work for you too. Nothing try, nothing done. You have to try it to be a believe, other wise you won`t know the real deal. As for Maxi-light it as never done any thing bad for me. It as only light my body, but to give it that extra boost I put Neoprosone in it. Neoprosone is to be mix with a lotion or a cream, but not to be use on it`s own. Again hun it also depends on how strong you want it, it`s totally up to you. There are not guarantees when using bleaching or lightening products. We don`t know how it my turn out, the only thing we can do is to hope and pray that it turns out great. Good luck :)
    theonetheonlyJr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 03:18 PM
    It depends on how much you're trying to lighten... I use Fair and White Serum/Topiclear Soap/Topicclear Lemon Cream/Maxi Light/Symba Lite and Ambi... It works! It just takes time and diligence...

I would also advice using lemon juice, tomato juice, egg white and flour mixed... and I apply that to my arms and face for about half an hour a day...

EVERYBODY BLEACHES! Beyonce and Rihanna get injections and use expensive creams... I started a Peanut Butter Brown.. and now I am Chris Brown's complexion.. and yes I'm a guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does Using Skin Lightening Products Make People More Likely to Get Skin Cancer? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay. A lot of people use skin lightening/whitening products. It's a big business in many parts of the world. People who eat too much all the time and not burning off enough calories by exercising might run the risk of getting overweight. People who smoke tobacco products run...

Bio claire skin lightening cream crème how lond does it take to lightening your skin [ 1 Answers ]

Bio claire crème how long does it take to lightening your skin where in jamaica can I get it to buy

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

View more questions Search