Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dn497357777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Stratmando, thanks I don't have 120 volts between Hot and Neutral. I have 120 volts
    Stratmando, thanks
    I don't have 120 volts between Hot and Neutral.
    I have 120 volts between hot and ground
    Also have 120 volts between Neutral and ground
    How far in the wiring do these types of problems reach into the wall?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2010, 10:32 AM

Go back and post where you posted your first question. A second thread was unnecessary and may not be seen.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 12:08 PM

A neutral on that circuit has opened and power is going through a loat to make neutral live, Unplug everything on that circuit, turn off all lights, this should remove the voltage off the neutral.
    Then I would turn off THAT breaker and see what recepticles and lights went out, check those boxes, could be last good or first bad receptacle.
    If able to work safely in panel, I woul see what circuits exit the panel with the circuit you are working on, the one with the breaker off.
    May be in one of those boxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

140 volts after new outlets were put in, 120 before? [ 10 Answers ]

I just replaced two old outlets with two new ones. I wired them exactly as they were wired originally. When I returned the power to the circuit the voltage is 140 when originally it was 120. What did I do wrong? I tightened everything and rechecked the connections. Will I burn up appliances...

220 volts to 120 volts [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have a 220 volt/30 amp service to an electric washer/dryer combination. The washer/dryer broke down and I will be switching to individual units each requiring a 120 volt/15-20 amp supply suggesting a separate circuit. The current unit had a four wire configuration (2 hot -...

120 volts between utility supplied neutral and ground? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm troubling shooting the lighting and the entrance to our community and have run into a problem. I thought I was just going to replace some bulbs, maybe a ballast, but things have gotten worst quickly. Turns out that with the main circuit off I still have 120 between the neutral and ground. I...

120 volts vs 240 volts tools [ 3 Answers ]

How do I configure a 120 volts 60hz woodworking tools bought in the usa to work on a 240 volts 50hz power rating in my country without having to compromise the motor operation. I understand that the stepdown transformer can only reduce the voltage but not the cycles. That means that a tool with...

View more questions Search