Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Jun 27, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket
    I need more light from my Hampton Bay ceiling fan light. It has the new A15 Intermediate base bulb and does not put out enough light. Is there a fluorescent bulb available for the Intermediate base socket? Is there an adapter available for the socket that would allow me to use a Standard size (A19) base fluorescent bulb?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 05:36 PM
    There are fluorescents available, they may not fit. There used to be socket adapters made I do not know if they are still available.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I_know
    There is an adapter from intermediate to standard.
    Very good find. I have seen these in candelabra to medium but never intermediate.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 09:52 PM
    These guys are going to see a huge spike in business
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Jul 11, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Keep in mind that you could burn out your socket if you put too high a wattage bulb in. that's the whole idea behind limiting the wattage bulb that goes in there. Your best bet, if you still have the cap that goes on the bottom of the fan in place of the light kit if you don't want to use the light that came with it, is to buy a new light kit that will put out the amount of light that you would prefer.
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Most or all of the new light kits now use candelabra sockets whether they come with the fan or are purchased separately.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Jul 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
    This is true, but some lights take several bulbs where as some others might only take 2 or 3.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
    ? I thought that two or three are several bulbs? Several, means multiple. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Fan lights typically have 1-4 bulbs. Some may have 5.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 27, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Gee, a first post, bringing up a thread close to a year old, with links to a site which he says has good stuff, and conveniently the thread all of a sudden rated with 5 stars.
    I smell SPAM.
    I wish I had an IP for the last poster to see if it is anywhere near Lincoln, NE. :rolleyes:
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 04:29 PM
    It was and now gone.

Closed also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 way lamp socket [ 5 Answers ]

I have just replaced an old 3 way (knob style) lamp socket with a new 3 way pull chain lamp socket. The bulb is good, but the lamp only lights on 1 stage. What did I do wrong?

New 3 wire socket replacing two wire socket [ 5 Answers ]

We have a room that had a 2 wire socket, originally installed, and a three wire socket that was changed from a two wire socket by myself, called "Socket A". Recently an electrician installed two small fans in the same room and changed the 2 wire socket "Socket B" into a 3 wire socket. He did not...

Wet socket and one other not functioning [ 3 Answers ]

About 6 months ago my patio wet socket and another normal 110 socket in my garage stopped functioning. I checked all my breakers and none were tripped. Nothing else in the house is not working, just those two sockets. Any thoughts on what it might be? I replaced one with a new socket, but there is...

Socket 939 motherboards [ 1 Answers ]

I've read that many boards that have a 939 socket for AMD 64 bit processors can also support their new dual core X2 but what I wanted to know is how do I tell if a motherboard can support dual core or not? I thought maybe there is a list of chipsets that can support it but I don't know where to...

View more questions Search