Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bass2118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Trane gas furnace only blow cold air
    My 10 years old trane gas furnace would not blow out warm air, only cold air. I checked gas is on and electric switch is on. Every thing seems normal. It may be the ignition problem. How can I find out?
    Your help is greatly appreciated

Bass
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
    It could be many things. Is the thermostat turned on to heat? Is the temperature setting high enough to have the heat come on?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Check sequence of operations in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html

Usually the controls wouldn't let the blower come on unless you had flame. Could be a bad high limit switch or temperature sensor.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Usually. When the fan runs non stop. On a call for heat you have an open limit in the circuit somewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Gas furnace blows out cold air at night [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a problem that I haven't quite seen here and I have no idea how to search for it. Here's the deal: I have a gas furnace. I'm trying to save energy, so I got a new thermostat at the beginning of the fall. I set it to 68 when we're awake and in the house, and 60 after 10pm and...

Gas furnace blowing cold air (Bryant 310AAV) [ 5 Answers ]

Folks, Could really use some help/advice. I have a Bryant 310AAV gas furnace installed in our home. This is new construction (4 years old) so I assume it's one of the new furnaces that does NOT have a pilot. Here is the problem: The furnace is not blowing any hot air. I've turned the...

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air during Programmable Thermostat Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace works fine when set to a constant temperature, (22 degrees celsius), the gas ignites every time and the blower functions properly. The problem occurs when I program the Honeywell thermostat to switch temperatures to 21 overnight, 19 during the day, 22 in the evening. When it's...

Can't get furnace to blow hot/cold air! [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I recently moved into a house & I can barely tell that any air is coming out. I have just paid to have all the ducts cleaned. Please help me figure this out.

View more questions Search