Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spamloverman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Vanity drain offset from pipes under sink
    I just installed a space-saver vanity where our old, larger vanity used to be. I failed to notice that the existing pipe is now not lined up with the new vanity drain. It's about 4"-6" from the top of the existing trap to the bottom of the new vanity and 4" off-center. Is there such a thing as a flexible 2" pipe/hose with a 1½" threaded opening to connect the two? Or can I use to elbows somehow? Or do I have to 'lower' the trap & pipes to allow myself more room for a solution?

I can't believe I didn't notice this until it was already in place!

:eek:
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
    You are allowed one 90 degree change in direction on a trap arm -- Which means you can use a 90, two 45's or a 60 and a 22.

Provided we're talking about a stub-out from a Sanitary-Tee, of course.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath sink won't drain, pipes clear [ 3 Answers ]

We installed a bath sink that repaced similar one... older house, sink drains into floor not wall... has a "s" pipe, as before, but now won't drain after water runs a minute... then it gulps and a bubble comes out. Then drains very very slowly. Help!?

A one inch offset for a shower drain? [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the tile from by shower floor along with the drain. I then realized that the drain is not centered in the shower stall, it is off by one inch from center. The stall is on a concrete slab and the pipe is a 2" cast iron, I know they make off sets for toilets, but just wondering if...

Attaching marble sink-top to vanity? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the proper way to attach a marble sink-top to the vanity underneath? I don't want to drill into the sink-top, but want to be sure that if it gets bumped, it will not move around. Thanks in advance! Rob

Replacing single sink vanity [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing my single sink vanity with a double sink vanity. Can I use the water supply lines that were for the single sink for the 2 new sinks. What do I use to supply both sinks?

No running water in one sink of double vanity [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an original (1990) builder-grade double vanity in my master bath. One sink works perfectly, the other sink will not run water. I checked the shut-off valves under the sink, they seem fine. There was no reason for them to have been turned off anyway, I was just making sure. ...

View more questions Search