Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balt409 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2005, 05:30 PM
    Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure
    I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one of those sinks also has a pressure problem on both knobs. The shower in the Master bedroom has no problems with temp or water pressure. The pressure in the hall bathub is fine, but the hot water is a little tempremental in their too. The main problem though is in the kitchen where the water trickles out and never gets hot. Anyone got any ideas.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 9, 2005, 06:10 AM
    It sounds like some crud and mineral build got in the hot water supplies and got drawn up into the inlet ports of the faucet cartridges. Mineral build up in the hot water system is caused by neglecting to flush the mineral build up out of the hot water tank. First let me show you how to flush out your tank.
    Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Now you'll have to open up every faucet that's clogged and clean out vthe inlet ports in the cartridge. Before you reassemble them turn the water back on for a minute and flush out your hot water supplies on ALL fixtures. Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back togather the same way you took them out. Good luck, Tom
    surfobeach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    What if this doesn't fix the problem? New faucet, week into it hot water completely gone?? Flushed everything, my husband is about insane.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 1, 2011, 03:06 PM

surfobeach

We can't do anything about Hubby, guess you will just have to live with him the way he is. But, if you post back and give us more information about the plumbing we may be able to help.

Please start a new thread. Don't piggy back on to someone else's. Click on the "Ask A Question about Plumbing" button.
    GeraldC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Hi I am a complete plumbing novice. In your answer what do you mean by "Now you'll have to open up every faucet that's clogged and clean out vthe inlet ports in the cartridge"? What are cartridges?

Thanks,

GC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of water pressure in kitchen faucet [ 7 Answers ]

This past week we've experienced a loss of water pressure in our kitchen faucet. The faucet is only 6-months old (Moen Extensa Chrome Single Handle Kitchen Faucet With Pullout Spray). Our handyman installed it for us. The house was built in 1992 and all pipes are in good condition upon a home...

Low water pressure on kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping that someone can help me on my issue because I am at my end! I recently replaced my kitchen faqucet with a Peerless, two handle faucet with sprayer. Since then my water pressure has been poor. I then took off the sprayer and capped the middle threaded outlet underneath but I still have...

Low water pressure from kitchen faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I turn on my hot or cold and just getting half of what I should have, I checked the aereator and it it OK, Fixture is 2 yrs old, hot and cold handles. I unscrewed top knob to take apart but could not unscrew the handle or cap. Help

Kitchen Faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I replaced the kitchen faucet fixture in an apartment. The piping is old galvanized. We also replaced the supply lines and shut off valves. The supply lines are the new fangled flood proof lines that shut off automatically if the line is torn. The problem is we now have much reduced...

Hot Water Pressure- Kitchen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The other day, we turned the kitchen faucet on and there was no hot water pressure all of a sudden... we just get a trickle. The water pressure in the rest of the house is fine (hot and cold) and the cold water comes out fine as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

View more questions Search