Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HuskerLamont Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Garage Floor/Apron repair
    I am looking to help a friend repair cracked sunken garage floor. The apron 8" out past where the garage door closes and 8-10" into the garage have cracked and sunk near the inside block walls. I have poured sidewalks, driveways and pads, but never a garage floor. At first, I thought he just wanted the outside replaced, no problem, but inside. I am not sure how to cut the floor at the block wall.

LB
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 10:35 PM

I have to ask you to first find out or figure out why the inside floor sunk so the repair doesn't do the same.

How much of a drop is it and give details on slopes and size

How old is the existing garage floor and what's the downspout situation there?

What's the out side topography like?

Does this garage have a block foundation?

If it does then there could be a major problem here. The ( Apron ) sits on a block wall for bearing if the foundation was done correctly, which is still part of the floor. In front of the building wall is the apron which should not be part of a fixed floor without expansion ans rebar tie ins. The apron past the garage floor floats and moves.

I'm a Crete and mason Have seen aprons sink or crack or break up but never saw one sink at the door which in on the inside of the wall and in front of where the door closes there should be a block wall under that door opening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage floor subsidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I'm new here. During the last couple of years, a 'dip' has been gradually developing on my garage floor, at the front, on one side only, just under the door. As I drive in-and-out, the car wheels - front, then rear (only one side) - roll over it and this makes it worse,...

Garage heated floor [ 1 Answers ]

I ,I would like to know how many feet do I let between water hose in a garage heated floor. I use 3\4 pex hose . My garage will be 22' by 30', and I will put 6 inchs concrete on my slab base.

Wet garage floor [ 3 Answers ]

Help, this is our first winter in a new condo four unit building. It appears the garage floor is pitched toward the house and a flood of melting snow and ice are constantly at the entrance door. I can't see myself sweeping out water after every in and out with the car. Is there any products or...

Garage FLoor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Our garage floor is concrete slab, and is in rather poor condition, i.e. the slab is chipping. Are there any materials that can be put over the floor to relevel it without having to repour the concrete. My main reason for asking this is that an epoxy or polyurethane coating over the...

View more questions Search