Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vero2angel2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 10:55 PM
    I'm about 60 pounds overweight
    Hi,

I have a question, if anyone can help me that would be great. I want to find a really good way for me to exercise but my problem is this. I had a c-section when I had my son and now I have my lower stomach hanging a bit , most of my weight is from that are to my chest, I have large breasts. It is hard for me to do sit ups and crunches. I do the 10 min cardio twice a day or at least once. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, don't get me wrong I feel a lot more energized from this but that is what bothers me the most is the skin that is hanging down from the lower of my stomach and my stomach. If anyone can help me to find something and that isn't too expensive I leave paycheck to paycheck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2006, 06:03 AM
    Weight
    Hi,
    It would be good to see a doctor, and get a Professional opinion on how to lose some weight; more importantly, ask him/her about the "sagging skin", if you do have any.
    Normally, this can only be corrected or removed with surgery.
    Excercises will not help "sagging skin", but sure will help you feel better, and tone up muscles.
    You might also count how many calories you are eating in one day (24 hours). The normal amount for no weight gain or loss is 2000 calories a day.
    If you are eating/drinking more than this, you will probably gain weight!
    I found many years ago, when I started putting on some weight, that I was eating/drinking around 4,000 calories a day! After cutting back to around 2,500, started losing weight.
    I do wish you the best, and hang in there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Curves
    I do not normally pick or recommend specific companies. But the transformation my wife had with the Curves program was amazing.

They have a program of several times a week about 30 min or so each time. And some dieting ideas also that even I can eat ( of course I eat a little more of it than I should)

I know that no one program works for everyone, but for my wife it was like magic.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Sagging skin usually comes from rapid weight loss,(DIET OR ILLNESS) As time goes by the skin usually shrinks to fit your body! A doctor can inform you better, but patients and eating correctly can go a long way to help your body heal itself,there is no quick fix, so get ready to work and sweat back to health!(Many chose surgery or some other fad!) I do not!! :cool:
    mommaveloso Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Jan 11, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Understand
    I just wanted to tell you that I understand your frustrations with the weight loss, I had my baby in June and she is now 7 months old, I too had a c section. I was at 205 when I deliverd her, and now at 7 months I am only at 165. I don't really eat much fried food, or soda, or candy, or chips, or anything sweet really. My problem is pasta, rice, and bread. I love it, can't eat enough of it. But I don't eat more then 2 times a day.. I am so busy with 3 kids and a husband I don't really take time to eat right. I don't work out much, I have a 7mth old that takes up most of my time, but I do enjoy my evening walk with the dog. I walk about a half a mile, I enjoy it very much, and do it every night no matter what the weather. Dog has to go out, right. Being here in germany it is snowing this time of year, so I am freezing when I go, but I love it. All I can say is teamwork.. teamwork... teamwork. Maybe get an online friend or a partner to work out with, my hubby takes all 3 kids in the evening so I can take my walk.. even if he had a hard day at work! And it helps that he does that for me. I also understand the extra skin and large breast thing. I myself had a reduction 2 yrs before I had my baby, and they seem to have gone right back to the original size. My skin looks like a hound dogs.. you can pull it and it will just lay there, but it is my baby that keeps me going when I look at her, she was deffinately worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pounds per Week? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I asked a question regarding biking but this is more of a weight loss question. Currently I weigh about 195 lbs at 6' (5' - 11.5"). I started at about 205 and have a target weight of 175 (-185) either is a step in the right direction. But I am trying to figure out how long it will...

Overweight Pomeranian [ 4 Answers ]

Am caring for a neighbor's 5-year-old neutered male Pom. Vet told neighbor that dog is overweight. We need to know what dog's weight should be in order to use feeding charts to help dog loose the excess weight. Does anyone know how to determine this dog's ideal weight?

Exercises to do when you are overweight [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is very overweight around the middle but her back stops her from doing sit ups , she can't walk more than about 20 steps and she has to stop. She had back surgery 2 years ago and she is still in pain. She is 58 yrs old and has had panic attacks and anxiety attacks when you least expect...

Overweight kitty w/struvite crystals [ 4 Answers ]

I have a cat who is about 7 years old, 25 pounds and keeps getting the crystals back in his urine. I have him on the WD right now, but the vet said we needed to take him in to have X-rays to make sure he doesn't have stones. He has been going through test after test during the past 6 months and...

View more questions Search