Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beplmi Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Film Production
    I have been in the film business for about 3 years. I have done a few shows but I'm looking for more work. I need to network and meet new people.

Where should I begin?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2014, 06:30 PM
    One place would be to maybe take some classes for your area of want. Example: If your wanting more dramatic roles then take a class on that or comedy or singing. You will have something in common with the people you meet there and you can branch out. Also if possible try to attend events where your future employers might be at. Sometimes when walking into a interveiw if they have seen your face around they tend to be more at ease as well as remember you better. I am not suggesting stalking.... lol.

Jun 6, 2014, 04:04 PM
    I am not in front of the camera typer person. I mean for crew work.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 6, 2014, 05:39 PM
    Have you tried seeking out independents or have you thought of joining a union ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 7, 2014, 05:41 AM
    Have you tried LinkedIn?

Jun 13, 2014, 06:12 PM
    I have done my share of independents. I can't work for free and I'm also not willing to. Linkedin confuses me. I have tried it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2014, 06:57 PM
    What do you find confusing? You create a profile and you try to make connections with people in your field. Join Groups related to your field.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Would like to discuss Russian Film Director & Film Theorist Sergei Eisenstein [ 0 Answers ]

Can some one help explain Eisenstein's term of "Unexpected"? I have this much so far: Eisenstein came up with the "Unexpected" after seeing a troupe of Kabuki actors. The "Unexpected" is the combining of different elements: sound, costume, voice, space, and movement, to create a diverse...

True film about wife kills husband,daughter takes blame think its 80's film [ 1 Answers ]

Mother kills her husband at start of the film and gets her teenage daughter to take the blame its based on a true story I think its late 80's and very early 90's, anyone know what you call it ?

Film four production [ 1 Answers ]

Help, rented a dvd about 12months ago, noticed it was a film four production. Basically guy returns home from army and seeks revenge on bunch of lolife's who bullied/tortured etc his kid brother. Who appears to him but is actually dead, sounds weird but top film. Buggin the life outtam e now want...

POST production FILM publicity expenses tax deduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend who is a film producer. He completed production of a film in early 2007. In 2008 he spent money in looking for a distributor. He found a distributor in 2008 and released his film in theater in 2008. So for 2008 he has income from film distribution. At the same time he spent...

View more questions Search